Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2014, 01:02 PM   #11

Re: New Build 2003 E350EB 7.3 Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA

I'll be interested seeing what's under the plywood floor----crossing my fingers here there's no rust or perforations in the floor. Seems most vans with any sort of floor covering develop that condition.

Good looking van to start your project----looking forward to your progress!
The floors are pristine under the sheeting. I will post some pics when the van is empty; just demobed from a big remodel. Sure can fit a lot of crap in these vans!

Taylor3633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
Any idea which ARB bumper that is, or what it came off of? It looks really great. I guess I might have to do the same. I love the Aluminess but it's really $$$ and almost everyone else has one. I like to be a little different.

Congrats on the van, it's a real sweetie!

Scotty, I am not sure what the bull bar came off of but will try to find out from the last owner. Loving the van though! First road trip planned for next week over to Crystal Mtn in Wa. Really hoping that my sound deadener is here prior to that so that I can have the floor down!
Old 02-26-2014, 04:41 AM   #13
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor3633

The floors are pristine under the sheeting.
Great news then!

And yes we can fit waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than we really need or ever use in one of our vans, cargo-wise anyway!

Looking forward to photos of your progress.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #14

Got the floor all prepped for sound dampening this evening

And got a good chunk of the Rattletrap down

Also got some new diggers put on yesterday. I live and work in Big Sky, MT and drive in snow for 6 months a year. These tire performed incredibly well today in 6" of heavy fresh.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:25 PM   #15

I also filled my tank for the first time and got an average of 14mpg. Not too bad considering the bulk of the miles came from 6-8 drives up the mtn (2000' elevation gain).

I was also very pleased to fit a good size cabinet package and lots of tools in there! So far I am very pleased with my purchase and excited for the adventures to come!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #16

New tires are fun with tons of grip. What differentials are in the van front and rear? LS?, open?
j.whitbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #17

Got the front and rear floor rattletrap'd; huge difference in the rear, not so much in the front. I have to figure an effective way of soundproofing the dog house; anyone's input would be highly appreciated.

Put the 1/2" rigid insulation down and also the 1/2 CDX ply. I put a coat of non-slip coating (paint) on for now as I make a final decision on flooring. Ply is carriage bolted down.

Also installed my yakima rack. I was doing a project and needed a ladder and was AMAZED that my 24' extension actually fit IN the van; going on the roof from now on.

Really like these seats for the rear:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141086623348?ss ... 1423.l2649

Can anyone give me some advice on how/what seats to go with? The above look great but no idea how I would adapt them to my van.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:53 PM   #18

Sorry to be resurrecting such an old thread, but hoping the OP is still here. I'm desperately trying to see about mounting an ARB Deluxe bumper on my E350 and this is the first picture I can find of one that's working! Hoping to get some information about which ARB this was to start with.
leedhambly@mac.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedhambly@mac.com View Post
Sorry to be resurrecting such an old thread, but hoping the OP is still here. I'm desperately trying to see about mounting an ARB Deluxe bumper on my E350 and this is the first picture I can find of one that's working! Hoping to get some information about which ARB this was to start with.
Not sure if it's the same bumper, but here is a thread about adapting ARB bumper to E Series vans

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/t...option.154783/
Old 12-09-2018, 10:17 PM   #20

Yes thanks for that- I had read that thread and am in contact with Jeremy from ExpoVans (ie MG Metalworks) but he wasn't aware of any ARB "Deluxe" bumper being adapted for the E350, although he can confirm that the ARB "Sahara" does work. In this thread the OP clearly has adapted the Deluxe bumper so hoping to get a little more info about which model exactly.
leedhambly@mac.com is offline   Reply With Quote