Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2018, 12:39 PM   #1

New Here

I'm a member of the Ford Enthusiast site and stumbled here by fate. Peer pressure as a kid made me a "Chevy guy", but I own Fords (1994 E-250 EB Cargo, 1997 E-350 Club Wagon EB, 2006 F-250 Crew diesel). I just sold the 94 cargo van. Getting ready to convert to 97 E-350 from a storage box to a work van/weekender. It came from a school auction. I don't want to put much into this since I'll only drive it for a year before I move up to a newer van with power windows, mirrors and door locks (I'm pretty tired of having to do the "walk around and check if the doors are locked" every time I park. I'm thinking I want to level the front end, new rims and tires, and do a minimum build out on the inside. I've got some roof rust that I have to figure out (leaks) and from the looks of this site, i'm in the right place. I'm very handy with tools so that's not a problem. Since I don't ever take without giving, attached is a link to public surplus .com. It's where I bought both vans sight unseen. Right now there's an EB that really has my eye (so somebody please buy it before I end up with another van before I'm ready - lol). Here's the link. https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/au...ew?auc=2087053. Before you get too excited, pay very close attention to the photo of the undercarriage. This could be a pig with nice lipstick. Gotta run. Any suggestions for my '97 greatly appreciated.

seapointejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:22 PM   #2

I’d worry more about the body rust than the undercarriage. Underneath just looks like surface scale. I’ve seen and owned worse. It’s a v10, loaded and the interior is nice. Slider and the body fixes are all I see that would give me pause. I’d buy it, especially if it doesn’t go up much. Looks like 10k worth of can easily with the miles and needs.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:59 PM   #3

One other piece of advice. There are a lot of people on the forum also looking for vans. If you find one, think twice about posting the link unless you want lots of competition that you may not have had otherwise.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote