Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #21

Re: new project, like i needed another

I'll let CCV answer on pricing, just dont wanna step on any toes. i think he has it on the website. i will say it is significantly cheaper than SMB top, and i think it has some benefits on top of that. time is something that took longer than i thought, but i did tell him to take his time. he does state a week turn around but i think 1.5 weeks is more fair for just a top/bunk.

coguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #22

had some reorganizing to do, but got her in the garage so i can start the interior build

Old 11-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #23

truck fridge and propex heater where they will be. got the propex furnace box built which will be a permanent fixture, stain is drying now. tomorrow wiring, exhaust routing, testing and on to the fridge/cabinet build which can be removed if need be.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #24

i spent a lot of time pulling wires, and trying to plan for any future power needs. i love hanging out under my dash!!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #25

propex is up and running, and running well

now i can start on the fridge/cabinet
Old 11-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #26

I like the Propex heaters. Very efficient. Low 90's. Compact. Quiet. Pricey but pay once.
http://westyventures.com/propex.html

They don't really recommend mounting below the floor but I'm sure if one was to box it in to protect from the elements all would be well. They are a favorite in the VW camper van world.

The standard RV Atwood or Suburban heaters are in the mid 70's. We have a 16k in our tent trailer. Good for what it needs to do but noisy enough to wake me from a sound sleep. nfg
regis101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #27

getting closer to van-supplied cold beer!

all those high school wood shop classes are coming back to me--having a good time.

and yes the propex heater is the heater of choice for the VW van world, not many outside of VW or marine have heard of them, super efficient and reliable
Old 11-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #28

i know--taking a while, but this is actually my busy season with work that pays the bills. just trying to get the van ready for when the real good snow is flying, number 1 reason for the heater--1st tracks
Old 11-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #29

Garage
new project, like i needed another

How did you you do the house battery? Would you mind posting a few pics? I'm totally on the same track except I scored a webasto diesel heater I need to install. The house battery has to go in at the same time. I mainly just need a nudge to get going and seeing someone else do it on their own will motivate me.

Brad
Old 11-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #30

i used the factory battery box that is always for sale on ebay, put a 105ah group 27 battery in that which required raising the lid slightly (1/2" or so) and i mounted it to the driver frame rail towards the back using factory holes. i just had to step it out some using spacers to clear the parking brake cable. i can take a pic of that for sure. for my battery separator i used a yandina 160, again popular in the VW world (where i come from) and marine, but foreign in the land of econo's http://www.yandina.com/c160Info.htm these are really slick units. i still need to wire mine so i can use the house battery to jump if i need, wire is run just havent found a good spot to mount my switches til i build an overhead counsel. but its totally automatic.

webatsos are nice BTW