Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2017, 07:25 PM   #1

New wheel/tire questions

Hi,hope posting this here is ok? I have a 2009 class b ford rv van 3/4 ton which has 16x7 Oem wheels and hubcaps tires are 245/75/16 hankooks dyna pro (as) (e rated) with a lot of tread but there are very small cracks on sidewall (guessing from heat or sitting without being used before I bought it). My wife's sister is flyin in from Germany for a road trip,Death Valley,mono lake etc and I don't want to be "that guy" with possible leaks/flats or dangerous blowout.im still deciding whether I will put a lift kit or 4wd in the next year or two but I want to make sure I'm road worthy now for several trips until then.i saw some Mickey Thompson 16x8 wheels on summit racing but they have a 4.5 backspace and I'm wondering what stock 16 wheels back space is? There was barely enough room to stick a screwdriver in there with rotors/guards in the way and I'm not sure it was hitting the flat space corrrectly where I would begin my measurement from.i don't have a problem taking off the wheel if needed to but I wanted to run the combo by the forum for input.the tire I picked was bf Goodrich at ko2 265-75-16 there is no lift but I do a lot of trips to the dunes/desert/gravel roads and will be going to gonzaga in Baja mex for a thanksgiving potluck with friends.please let me know if I should use a bigger wheel/shorter wider tire etc if it would be a better option,I appreciate all suggestions
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1108.jpg   IMG_1111.jpg   IMG_8889.jpg  

Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:47 PM   #2

The BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 is an aggressive tire made with a superior sidewall design and optimal tread capability to ensure long wear in tough environments. They provide excellent traction in extreme weather conditions and exceed RMA Severe Snow Traction performance requirements allowing the driver to travel with confidence. BF Goodrich considers the All-Terrain T/A K02 its toughest all-terrain tire ever.

The 265/75R16 BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 has a diameter of 31.6", a width of 10.5", mounts on a 16" rim and has 657 revolutions per mile. It weighs 53.6 lbs, has a max load of 3415/3085 lbs, a maximum air pressure of 80 psi, a tread depth of 15/32" and should be used on a rim width of 7-8".
Old 09-13-2017, 08:01 PM   #3

Garage
Without any kind of lift kit, your max tire size is going to be a 245/75R16.

Get about 2" of lift under that rig of yours and then you can run 265's.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:06 PM   #4

Brand:Mickey Thompson
Manufacturer's Part Number:90000019387
Part Type:Wheels
Product Line:Mickey Thompson Sidebiter II Matte Black Wheels
Summit Racing Part Number:MTT-3068482

UPC: 787025484694
Wheel Diameter: 16 in.
Wheel Width (in): 8.000 in.
Wheel Bolt Pattern: 8 x 6 1/2 in.
Wheel Material: Aluminum
TPMS Sensor Compatible: Yes
TPMS Sensor Mounting Style: Valve stem mount
Primary Wheel Color: Black
Wheel Finish: Matte
Manufacturers Wheel Series: Mickey Thompson Sidebiter II Series
Backspacing (in): 4.500 in.
Offset: 0.00mm
Wheel Construction: 2-piece
Beadlock Included: No
Beadlock Functional: No
Lug Nut Seat Style: Conical seat - 60 degree
Center Cap Included: Yes
Load Rating (lbs): 3,640 lbs.
Valve Stems Included: No
Quantity: Sold individually.
In-Store Pickup:Choose In-store pick-up (OH, NV, GA) on our web site.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer View Post
Without any kind of lift kit, your max tire size is going to be a 245/75R16.

Get about 2" of lift under that rig of yours and then you can run 265's.
Ok thx on tire size,there was a 2 inch gap existing and I was willing to trim the bottom corner of back fender/plastic if needed since 265 tire was only one inch taller than 245 defineately no lift until I figure out 9f I will 4x4 this rig or not.how about the 4.5 backspace? That's really my main concern,thx