Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2015, 07:01 AM   #11

Here is one other place I have found. Not as big of a selection but the seats look nice. I'm prob gonna order some seats with integrated seat belts from them. The bonus is they have a distributor here in Colorado. http://www.superior-seats.com/VanSeating.htm

jjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:08 AM   #12

I am re-visiting this thread to find out:

Has anyone purchased and installed one of these options....and can you provide photos? Installation tips, experience, or findings along the way?

I am in the same boat as many people in wanting to remove the stock rear bench and replace it with a seatbelt-friendly folding seat. I see some resources like those pointed out here but the websites and photos are AWFUL (circa 1997 web design, come on folks!).

Does sportsmobile design and engineer their own for the RB50 layout, for example? Surely not...I mean they must be purchasing that mechanism from somewhere and having it upholstered, because GTRV uses it as well.
lmpetersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:21 AM   #13

Garage
I took the brackets off the bottom of a stock bench and attached them to the third row seat from an excursion. The back folds forward and is perfectly flat. That now marries up to my bed platform to lengthen it for my 6'4" carcass. I have some chevy seats that do the same and are nicer. Its a good setup because the seat belts work and it's easy. Hope that helps.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:06 PM   #14

I did the same as you want to do. Pulled multiple seats out for a bench. This place is in LA but they did a great job with my custom fold-out bench seat with seat belts. Really good price also. Usually a week or two to make and about an hour to install. The owner's name is Gus. Good luck https://www.okvanautoupholstery.com/
Old 12-05-2019, 12:50 PM   #15

I'm in the middle of my build, but I have a pair of 3rd row seats from a full-size GM SUV (Expedition, Youkon, Tahoe, etc). Not sure which one... paid something like $100 for them on Craigslist.

Plan to build a steel frame that raises the seats 6 to 8 inches of of the floor, then build a platform behind just like what was described initially in this thread.

These seats have integrated seatbelts... Middle is a lapbelt but the sides have shoulder belts. They fold pretty darn flat and have extendable headrests.

They don't really have the width to go all the way across the van, but I should be able to work around that.... I am thinking about filling the space with an "arm rest"... the same height as the folded seat. I can probably get a cup holder in there and maybe a little storage cubby for the kids to use while we're driving.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 07:25 AM   #16

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
I'm in the middle of my build, but I have a pair of 3rd row seats from a full-size GM SUV (Expedition, Youkon, Tahoe, etc). Not sure which one... paid something like $100 for them on Craigslist.

Plan to build a steel frame that raises the seats 6 to 8 inches of of the floor, then build a platform behind just like what was described initially in this thread.

These seats have integrated seatbelts... Middle is a lapbelt but the sides have shoulder belts. They fold pretty darn flat and have extendable headrests.

They don't really have the width to go all the way across the van, but I should be able to work around that.... I am thinking about filling the space with an "arm rest"... the same height as the folded seat. I can probably get a cup holder in there and maybe a little storage cubby for the kids to use while we're driving.

I have a really nice TIG welded frame exactly for this purpose if you want it. It's sitting in my shop in Portland. It was made for a pair of Sienna seats I got and has tabs to bolt to the floor.