Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-06-2019, 12:41 PM   #11
Member
 
OutlawImages's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Northern California
Posts: 48
Dumb question maybe

Were opening windows and option on rear doors of 2001 Ford E150?

Would love to find some in a wrecking yard or wherever and add them for some ventilation

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1321.jpg  
__________________

__________________
2001 Ford E150 HighTop Conversion
Based out of the Sacramento Valley
Northern California
OutlawImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:45 PM   #12
Member
 
OutlawImages's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Northern California
Posts: 48
Another view of my minipad and RamMount off the rear view mirror arm

Works great

@RamMount
#RamMount
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1314.jpg  
__________________

__________________
2001 Ford E150 HighTop Conversion
Based out of the Sacramento Valley
Northern California
OutlawImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:17 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
TomsBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawImages View Post
Were opening windows and option on rear doors of 2001 Ford E150?

Would love to find some in a wrecking yard or wherever and add them for some ventilation

Thanks

I think so... my 1995 has opening rear door windows, I would imagine the Econoline door openings are all similar enough, but I'm no expert. Maybe someone else will chime in....



The nice thing is there a re a lot of these vans in wrecking yards
__________________
1995 E350 7.3 Diesel, 4x4 high roof camper, UJOR 4" lift
TomsBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:10 AM   #14
Member
 
OutlawImages's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Northern California
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsBeast View Post
I think so... my 1995 has opening rear door windows, I would imagine the Econoline door openings are all similar enough, but I'm no expert. Maybe someone else will chime in....



The nice thing is there a re a lot of these vans in wrecking yards
Thanks Tom, be nice to have airflow
__________________
2001 Ford E150 HighTop Conversion
Based out of the Sacramento Valley
Northern California
OutlawImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:18 PM   #15
Member
 
darkstar66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 44
familiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawImages View Post
My 3rd van here I am building to live in and travel out of as a full timer boondocking
Found it locally after a long search of Craigs List and other online classifieds

$5k with receipts for new Ford crate motor installed by dealer with 20k miles on it and a new transmission

Not a single door ding in the whole body and zero rust

Adding a bed, 12v Dometic Fridge, 12 television, 400watts Renogy Solar as well to run everything

Health issues promted me to make this choice and I am happy with it reducing my monthly bills to almost nothing

But lack of place or tools to aid in the conversion has stalled progress even though storage is full of amazon deliveries of goodies to add to the van

The delays are frustrating but will get through it

My Instagram is https://www.instagram.com/van_inn_life/

Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/brian.vanlife.9

And Youtube is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnE..._as=subscriber

Progress is slow but for anyone wanting to follow or talk vans would love to hear from you
Yep. I feel you completely. I had already sold my house before buying my van. I had the money. Curse Amazon and Ebay... I had the stuff and I had the time. But I had no place to park for more than a day or two at a time. And the one house I stayed at for awhile had a car in the drive and I always felt bad asking them if I could move there car for the day let alone for a few days. As a long time contractor I had all the tools I would ever need but I had to keep them in storage as I had no place to park them. A real pain in the ass driving to storage, loading tools and then having to return them after each use. Lol I am home in Portland for the summer hoping to finally finish building my cabinet doors and I find myself in the same situation again. Yes my friend, you are correct in saying the progress is slow.
darkstar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:00 PM   #16
Member
 
OutlawImages's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Northern California
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar66 View Post
Yep. I feel you completely. I had already sold my house before buying my van. I had the money. Curse Amazon and Ebay... I had the stuff and I had the time. But I had no place to park for more than a day or two at a time. And the one house I stayed at for awhile had a car in the drive and I always felt bad asking them if I could move there car for the day let alone for a few days. As a long time contractor I had all the tools I would ever need but I had to keep them in storage as I had no place to park them. A real pain in the ass driving to storage, loading tools and then having to return them after each use. Lol I am home in Portland for the summer hoping to finally finish building my cabinet doors and I find myself in the same situation again. Yes my friend, you are correct in saying the progress is slow.
WOW, almost exactly the same situation point by point, scary LOL

Yea boxes of new stuff all in storage waiting , yes Amazon LOL

Well hopefully we can both make some progress this summer
__________________
2001 Ford E150 HighTop Conversion
Based out of the Sacramento Valley
Northern California
OutlawImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:34 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Houstonredrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: HOUSTON, TX
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsBeast View Post
I think so... my 1995 has opening rear door windows, I would imagine the Econoline door openings are all similar enough, but I'm no expert. Maybe someone else will chime in....



The nice thing is there a re a lot of these vans in wrecking yards
The rear doors are the same from 92 to 14. I am quite sure they didn't change at all. I just installed pop-out windows on my 2010 E350. The doors still have the holes and the cut-outs for those windows and all the installation hardware.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5524.jpg   IMG_5566.jpg  
__________________
2010 E350 4x4 MG Coil conversion
Houstonredrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:26 PM   #18
Member
 
OutlawImages's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Northern California
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonredrider View Post
The rear doors are the same from 92 to 14. I am quite sure they didn't change at all. I just installed pop-out windows on my 2010 E350. The doors still have the holes and the cut-outs for those windows and all the installation hardware.
Awesome to see and hear, thanks so much
__________________

__________________
2001 Ford E150 HighTop Conversion
Based out of the Sacramento Valley
Northern California
OutlawImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.