Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2015, 08:38 AM   #11

Since I haven't mentioned it above...superb execution!

Would a check valve on the water fill line fix the bumper filling issue?......

boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #12

Extremely clean install! Going to have to copy you.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:57 PM   #13

Garage
You might also consider adding some air filters to your compressors. It's gonna become really dusty/dirty down there when you drive on gravels...
Old 02-27-2016, 03:11 PM   #14
Gone Traveling

Very clean setup.. but I'm not too sure it should have went under the van in this manor.. Lucky for us.. the is a small crawl space under the cargo mat located in the cargo area. This makes for a perfect location for our on board air system or "other" storage options. keeping a low center of gravity is the key in our build.
LostInTransit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:17 PM   #15

6 years later, anything you have changed or wish you did differently?

I am looking to do this and possibly fit a water heater there instead of the air. Also was thinking of a sealing quick disconnect in my aluminess bumper to fill the tank with a hose.
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:11 PM   #16

Edit: I should point out that running water is a real game changer in van camping. If you don't have it, put it on your list now!

I said I was going to re-do my fill spout, but I have not touched it since I hacked it in place right before leaving on a trip. It's working find and looks acceptable, but I may need to re-visit this if/when I do a swing arm for a generator box.

I made an extension out of an old insulated plastic coffee mug. I did sand it so it's pure black plastic.

The water system has been trouble free since I installed it. The nylon tank seems to hold up fine to all the rocks I'm sure I've thrown at it.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:10 AM   #17

On my air setup, I originally used a single Viair 400C. That was painfully slow to fill up the tires. I then added a Wolo (860-C). The Wolo is both cheaper and moves way more air.

If I did it again I'd go with two Wolo's. I'd also mount them on the frame rails, instead of in the old generator box.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote