Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2017, 05:47 PM   #1

Opinions?

I have never purchased a used van long distance and I am about to purchase this van if the inspection (have hired a 3rd party national company to do the check) comes back clean. Does anyone see any warning flags or other issues I should be concerned about?

Used 2012 Ford E-350 Super Duty For Sale | Cleveland GA

Frankly, I think I've lost my mind ... but ... I want it!

Thanks for any input!

ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:24 PM   #2

I can see why you want it! Looks like a nice rig.
I bought my van off the internet from a dealer in Anacortes, WA and I flew from Michigan to get it. Everything exceeded expectations and I got a great van... so it is *possible* to buy off the internet without getting screwed. Sounds like you're doing your due diligence and carfax looked ok. Good luck.. if it's as it appears it would be a great platform to build on. I wonder what kind of trailer they were pulling with it.
Econoliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:50 PM   #3

I also like it, but was a little concerned because the headlights didn't look like stock late-model headlights. But apparently there were some vans with that style:

https://www.google.com/search?q=2012...w=1666&bih=922
Old 08-10-2017, 06:54 PM   #4

I bought two vans off the van Internet and flew to pick them both up. I didn't get screwed. It's doable. That van looks really clean and I'm sure it will all work out.

Cheers
Nrobert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:11 PM   #5

That's a really good deal IMO. Jacky Jones advertises here and they have a good reputation. I have never done business with them.

The only thing misleading in the ad is that MPG figure. Let me tell you how far from 16 mph highway you're going to be. REALLY FAR! Expect 10 in town and maybe 12 highway if you baby it. It's a V10. Get used to lots of power which is addictive to use.

Nice find. Good luck!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
That's a really good deal IMO. Jacky Jones advertises here and they have a good reputation. I have never done business with them.

The only thing misleading in the ad is that MPG figure. Let me tell you how far from 16 mph highway you're going to be. REALLY FAR! Expect 10 in town and maybe 12 highway if you baby it. It's a V10. Get used to lots of power which is addictive to use.

Nice find. Good luck!
This is exactly my thoughts. You will NEVER see 16 mpg with the V10. The best I got with mine was 12.xx when it was stock.

The van looks very clean from the pictures. It's kind of weird that its a passenger van with windows but absolutely zero interior. Nice thing is that it has rear AC and it has a limited slip rear end with 4.10 gears.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:12 AM   #7

Yes, this was a special order, no doubt. XL style front grill and lights too, but all options in the cab. This thing is ripe for a Sportsmobile type conversion.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:14 AM   #8

I bought my van off this forum. I live in Utah. Van was in CA. I think the seller was more suspect of me than I was of him.

Transaction went very smoothly. Van is great. Flew in in the morning and was driving back two hours later.

Luckily, the previous owner was amazingly organized and had all records etc in hand.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:49 AM   #9

Ya gotta just jump in the water. Like NIKE says-- JUST DO IT
Beasty Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
This is exactly my thoughts. You will NEVER see 16 mpg with the V10. The best I got with mine was 12.xx when it was stock.
When I first got my van, I routinely averaged 15.5 highway. Having just over 500 miles of range was kinda nice. Wish I could still do that....