Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2017, 08:52 PM   #1

Opt Overland goodies

Some updates on things we've been working on. We finished our side ladder that requires no drilling into the vehicle. We made it modular so mounts can easily be attached to it. It sits nice and flush to the body while driving and with 1 hand pulls out into position for use. Let me know your thoughts or ways we can improve our products.

Dai,

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...1&d=1496371599
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2943.jpg   IMG_2941.jpg   IMG_2940.jpg   IMG_2939.jpg  

Instagram @optoverland

Overland gathering every Wednesday at our workshop 5pm-9ish (40.60634, -105.078459
opt overland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:00 PM   #2

Kitchenette

We try not to build many things out of wood. We like to incorporate an industrial looking steampunk style in our builds. This is a kitchenette we designed to fit an ARB 35/50 quart fridges. It can can house the fridge lengthwise as shown or sideways depending on your interior build. The countertop pulls out to reveal an aluminum sound deadened storage box for cook wares or whatever else you decide to put in it

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...1&d=1496372210
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2646.jpg   IMG_2651.jpg   IMG_2658.jpg  

Instagram @optoverland

Overland gathering every Wednesday at our workshop 5pm-9ish (40.60634, -105.078459
Old 06-01-2017, 09:05 PM   #3

Garage
Here's one thought I have. Hope you'll take it in the helpful way I mean it.

I would push hard on your website-update human to get buying information up there stat. I saw your Facebook offer for this ladder and went to your page to (potentially) buy, but there's not enough info there for me to push a "buy" button. Need more info, easier navigation to buy, something in your FAQ page that talks about shipping and costs, all the regular stuff a person wants to see before they hand over their Visa card.

Looks like a great product you have there and you're just below Aluminess. Good bargaining power. But, beware of putting your wares out there... we are like beasts who will devour you... and that's a good thing if you're ready for us. If not... likely losing sales by the minute.

Good luck with your business. Maybe I'll be a customer someday soon!
Old 06-01-2017, 09:06 PM   #4

Awning mounts

Since we do pop tops we needed some awning mounts that would work with the top coming down and not disturb the bulb seal. We're quite pleased with how they turned out and they look pretty good.

Here's a link to a video showing the top closing and no interference.

https://www.facebook.com/10001456450...user_video_tab

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...1&d=1496372579
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3217.jpg   IMG_3216.jpg   IMG_3220.jpg   IMG_3224.jpg   IMG_3229.jpg  

Instagram @optoverland

Old 06-01-2017, 09:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Here's one thought I have. Hope you'll take it in the helpful way I mean it.

I would push hard on your website-update human to get buying information up there stat. I saw your Facebook offer for this ladder and went to your page to (potentially) buy, but there's not enough info there for me to push a "buy" button. Need more info, easier navigation to buy, something in your FAQ page that talks about shipping and costs, all the regular stuff a person wants to see before they hand over their Visa card.

Looks like a great product you have there and you're just below Aluminess. Good bargaining power. But, beware of putting your wares out there... we are like beasts who will devour you... and that's a good thing if you're ready for us. If not... likely losing sales by the minute.

Good luck with your business. Maybe I'll be a customer someday soon!
I do appreciate that, the site is being updated as we speak. We wanted to make sure we had everything dialed in before we launched things. The last thing we want is to have orders and not have the product on the shelves boxed and ready to go.

Dai,

Instagram @optoverland

Old 06-01-2017, 09:36 PM   #6

Pop top

We've been incredibly busy working on customer rigs and burning the midnight oil getting our in Opt Overland rental builds done. Here's the completed pop top. All threee window layers zip out and roll upward so they can be secured and out of the way instead of hanging down in the way and potentially being damaged. We decided to go with a slightly tinted vinyl behind the privacy canvas, because we think it looks bit more classy than clear vinyl. Our screens are also more durable than others. Their coated with a UV stable coating and double stitched so they won't tear away from the canvas anytime soon. we used a reflective bungee the bring it all in and it looks sweet at night when lights hit it. I love the charcoal against the purple. We have 4 canvas color options and can accent them with some really cool colored screen material and reflective bungee.
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...1&d=1496374379
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3210.jpg  

Instagram @optoverland

Old 06-01-2017, 09:49 PM   #7

Here's a little Roof Rack action we do on our builds. We try to set the solar inline with the rack instead of resting on top. The front and rear light bars and custom mounts look sweet on this roof rack style. The rack is secured to the inner structure of the pop top via gusseted towers to make one solid unit.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...1&d=1496374963
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2980.jpg   IMG_2985.jpg   IMG_3013.jpg   IMG_2929.jpg   IMG_2957.jpg  

Instagram @optoverland

Old 06-01-2017, 10:06 PM   #8
MSD

Garage
The great thing about living in Fort Collins is being able to drop in and see the magic happen!! Dai & Doug do stuff right as time goes on people will learn ( thru buying) that they make well thought out products! These products will provide you with many happy days of overlanding in your van [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by opt overland View Post
We've been incredibly busy working on customer rigs and burning the midnight oil getting our in Opt Overland rental builds done. Here's the completed pop top. All threee window layers zip out and roll upward so they can be secured and out of the way instead of hanging down in the way and potentially being damaged. We decided to go with a slightly tinted vinyl behind the privacy canvas, because we think it looks bit more classy than clear vinyl. Our screens are also more durable than others. Their coated with a UV stable coating and double stitched so they won't tear away from the canvas anytime soon. we used a reflective bungee the bring it all in and it looks sweet at night when lights hit it. I love the charcoal against the purple. We have 4 canvas color options and can accent them with some really cool colored screen material and reflective bungee.
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...1&d=1496374379

I Was just refered your product, looks good! One question what is the price on your pop top?
MistaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaLee View Post
I Was just refered your product, looks good! One question what is the price on your pop top?

Opt Overland campervan top

We include most things others have as options, pricing is for RB van.

*Available in 14" mid profile and 24" high profile

*Motorized lift system with aluminum upper section and steel lower. Linear glide bearings

(our lift system has zero metal on metal contact on moving parts that causes binding and hardware to back out)

*Insulated and upholstered interior top 2 color choices available. (Light grey, charcoal grey)

*Dark grey canvas color (other choices available)

*Sleeping Mattress with removable covers (4 removable bed panels)

*Six Windows with black out screens, tinted lexan and reinforced screens that roll up and out of the way

*2 color LED lighting with dimmer switch

*Maxx fan with remote

*Insulated top and canvas

*Reflective bungee around exterior of canvas (choice of colors)

*$7500 installed

*Extended vans additional $350

All bare metal edges from cutout are treated before they are covered up. And rain gutter area is protected from the bulb seal lowering and eventually rubbing thru the paint causing rust.

Optional:
Roof rack
Led exterior lighting
Solar
Yakima rails
Sunroof
Canvas colors 4 available
Finished perimeter trim and headliner below top
Color match (paint or textured finish)

Instagram @optoverland