Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2019, 09:27 PM   #1

Penthouse pop top

I know this is on the forum somewhere but I can’t find a definitive answer. I’m looking at buying a used penthouse top that came on a EB van and putting it on my RB van. Are all of the penthouse pop tops the same size and will they fit either length van? Thanks.

RLC85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:48 PM   #2

No, not the same size. Can you make it work? Yes, but it’s not particularly easy.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
No, not the same size. Can you make it work? Yes, but it’s not particularly easy.
Truth.

If you care to dig deep enough it has been documented on this forum. It has been years though. Good luck!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 10:14 PM   #4

Thanks, I’m looking for it. I would be willing to make it work if it’s just a matter of some trimming. Probably not worth it if the fiberglass has to be cut and moved. I’m assuming the frame and mechanism is the same, it’s just the top itself that has to be modified
Old 07-05-2019, 04:24 AM   #5

Andrew did it. Doesn’t seem he visits here anymore.
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...v2-9841-4.html

It requires some extra fabrication. You have to cut the rails down. They’re too long for an RB. The front end of the top will have a large gap due to the contour cut. He made a fiberglass junction piece to finish off the front end from an old surfboard.
He made it look really nice in the end.

The top that came from Indiana runs all the way to the front. They’re hard to find though.

Do you have a top yet?

MedicFernando has a very nice EB too for sale.
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...0-a-24322.html

If you change your mind I have an RB van with an RB top for sale that I’d rally like to get out of my driveway.
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...tah-24106.html
JVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:20 PM   #6

Thanks for the info, I think I’ll hold out for a RB top. Hopefully CCV has a take off soon. I looked at the top MedicFernando has for sale and it’s in great shape. I was about to jump on it but I need a direct fit top
Old 10-20-2019, 06:43 PM   #7

Hey there RLC85 I purchased MedicFeranando's EB top and just finished the install on my RB Ford Van. It required some fabrication work and patience yet the final product came out great. If you're interested We can talk about what it took to get it done.

Cheers and good luck
DFarkas is offline   Reply With Quote