Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2011, 05:17 AM   #11

Re: push out van windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuren
My 2005 Express has the push-out windows for the 60/40 doors but they open from the side. Its good when driving down the road to not have rain, etc. fly in the window but not good when parked and its raining out. The rain comes right in the gap at the top.

My rear doors have push-outs that latch at the bottom.

did it come that way stock? any idea who the manufacturer is? the rear door version you describe is what im looking for but i wouldnt mind the 60/40's either.

i wonder if the the glass manufacturer also makes the hardware. just dawned on me to even check the glass manufacturer lol

Old 06-29-2011, 05:25 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwteleman
My 2008 Ford (and probably all Fords going back to 1992?) has push-out glass on the 60 portion of the side doors. Would be nice on the 40 portion, as well, but for some reason it is not available. Not sure about Chevy.

Push-out glass in the rear doors was eliminated due to concerns of exhaust (CO) entering the cab while driving. Too bad it's still not offered to smart people to use while parked. Not sure when this change happened - you can still find rear push-out glass in boneyards occasionally.

Cheers,
Brent
interesting. they had to have been able to reproduce that problem under only a very narrow set of circumstances i would think. i can see the wind swirling and curling around behind the van when driving due to it being a brick but i would think that air from inside the van would be flowing OUT the rear window as well, like cross ventilation, eliminating airflow coming in through the back windows. i would think it more of an issue parked now that i think about it. my guess is something weird happened and someone sued.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:24 AM   #13

push out van windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygvan
my guess is something weird happened and someone sued.
Like I said, too bad it's not still offered to smart people ...
Old 06-29-2011, 10:32 AM   #14

My '95 E350 has push out windows on both side doors and both rear doors (rears have screens also). Wondering if they are factory or SMB. Now that I read that they are no longer available, I'm sure I'll manage to break 2 or 3 of them
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:04 AM   #15

I found a set of rears on a mid-90's Ford conversion van in a junkyard that just happen to match the paint on my '95 so I'm just swopping out rear doors. Ventilation is piss-poah in these big ol' vans and I hope this will help. Keeping my eyes out for side pop-outs as well.
witoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #16

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuren
My 2005 Express has the push-out windows for the 60/40 doors but they open from the side. Its good when driving down the road to not have rain, etc. fly in the window but not good when parked and its raining out. The rain comes right in the gap at the top.

My rear doors have push-outs that latch at the bottom.

did it come that way stock? any idea who the manufacturer is? the rear door version you describe is what im looking for but i wouldnt mind the 60/40's either.

i wonder if the the glass manufacturer also makes the hardware. just dawned on me to even check the glass manufacturer lol
Yes, these are OEM Chevy windows. I'll look tonight to see if a manufacturer printed their name on the glass.

One thing that I noticed on the window sticker that was still with the van when I bought it is that it is a Cargo but was ordered with a "window body". There was a significant upcharge for this and I have windows all the way around like a passenger Express. I'm wondering if they use 2 different types of windows depending on what option is chosen.
zuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwteleman
Quote:
my guess is something weird happened and someone sued.
Like I said, too bad it's not still offered to smart people ...
i hear ya lol
Old 06-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogone
My '95 E350 has push out windows on both side doors and both rear doors (rears have screens also). Wondering if they are factory or SMB. Now that I read that they are no longer available, I'm sure I'll manage to break 2 or 3 of them

lol doh!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #19

I looked closer tonight and my windows say GM with a "PG" under that. They are definitely OEM.
zuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #20

My 97 has pop outs on both 60/40 doors. But if you leave the window unlatched where the door lock is, someone can come buy, unlock the door and enter. So i assume it was change for that reason

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
Nely is offline   Reply With Quote