Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #11

Moisture

Remember to take into account how much moisture is in propane if you're running a non vented heater. In winter a Mr Buddy could turn your van into a humid mess... yes, a warmer humid mess but still, condensation on windows etc etc

basssears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:30 AM   #12

I tried a Mr. Buddy for awhile and got really spooked by the potential for carbon monoxide poisoning. Ended up cracking a window and while it didn't get "humid" inside, the cold air coming in negated the heater. Don't do much winter camping but decided that a down sleeping bag gets us through the night and heating coffee water in the AM takes the chill off. We purchased a very inexpensive electric heater and when the temps get below freezing, we head to a plug in. Not a suitable solution for boondockers, but works for us and we sleep a whole lot better.
harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:14 PM   #13

I follow this youtube channel. He has a lot of great information. Here is a link to his heater and disconnect system.
twotimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:13 PM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
When I was using the standard five gallon propane bottle it lived in a plastic milk crate and was kept in the van by the rear doors when on the road. I know people talk about the danger of a leaky tank but I do not believe it. Propane smells, there is a propane detector in the van and propane tank shutoff valves do not leak.

The guys that fill my tank said quick connects will always leak- it’s just a matter of when.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...de_out_when_a/
brushogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:13 PM   #15

Everything leaks. It’s just a matter of when.

The quick connect on Larrie’s van is outside, definitely preferred if you were to have a leak, unless he’s changed it. I installed it when I owned the van probably 5 years or more ago. The setup worked great for us.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote