Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2019, 01:29 PM   #1

Rear drawers - Decked?

After the first trip in the van, the wife and I are starting to plan out our interior build. Organized storage in the rear already popped up as a want. We had a drawer system in our land cruiser that we liked and are thinking of replicating. Has anyone used a Decked system in the back of their van? The search tool on this forum and on google haven't yielded much for results. This would mostly be for recovery gear, tools, hard/heavy bits of gear, spare parts, etc.

b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:28 PM   #2

Garage
Hi, is this what you are looking for?

https://decked.com/products/decked-f...nt=31141467335
Old 04-02-2019, 08:43 AM   #3

I'm aware of what they are and their site, my question was more does anyone have one in their van (particularly an EB) and do they like them.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:20 PM   #4

I've seen DIY drawers in van videos on YouTube. They look pretty useful if that is the system you need. I'm planning to build a sliding tray system with bike mounts for my van. Similar construction.
IanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:42 PM   #5

Yeah, sliding bike mounts are in the cards one way or another. Either on top of something like the Decked system, or beside 2 stacked drawers.

I realized the downside to the decked system is you lose access to any storage box you could put in the spare tire area, but if that's just batteries, grey water, etc - there's no real need for regular access anyway.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #6

I built my own but totally would have bought this had I know or had it been available. Does anyone have pics of this in an actual ford e-series. The site shows everything but
surferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:51 AM   #7

Exactly, that was my question. Not sure why they don't have a single pic.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:18 PM   #8

Interesting, I wonder if you could use this as a base for a bed platform?

Hmmm bit of a roll of the dice if you have a subfloor or insulation which I assume most people here would have on their vans:

DECKED is designed for cargo vans NOT passenger vans. If you have a second row of seating or more and/or you have insulated walls in your van, DECKED has not been validated to fit with your configuration.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:04 AM   #9

I have the decked system in my van. It works great as a bed platform and that is how we use it. The dbox system works great for us traveling. One box for tools, one for kitchen, etc. On a 5 month trip to Baja, we actually installed two. Silly I know, but it worked great. Hope that helps.

hyperdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperdrive View Post
I have the decked system in my van. It works great as a bed platform and that is how we use it. The dbox system works great for us traveling. One box for tools, one for kitchen, etc. On a 5 month trip to Baja, we actually installed two. Silly I know, but it worked great. Hope that helps.

Hey Hyperdrive,

Thannks for the photo! Did you have a subfloor or any insulation that caused any fitment issues? How did you secure the platform to the van? When I called decked they said the passenger vans don't have the mounting hooks that cargos do.

How did you install two? did you stack one on top of the other?

Regards,
Joe