Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #21

Rotating Front Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmkbailey
I just got my swivel mounts from DiscountVanTruck.com. They even shipped on the day my receipt said they would. I have not had a chance to install yet, but I noticed that the ford mount slopes to the rear. When you turn the seat around it slopes to the front. Does this make you feel like you are going to fall out of the seat when you have them swiveled?
Ford changed the base some time in the last few years to one with a rearward slope. There is a swivel base built for those seats, but older seats would need a different base.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:55 PM   #22

Re: Rotating Front Seats

i got my swivel seat base from discountvantruck.com too.

***be sure to order the correct one if you have stock seats or aftermarket seats, they are different part numbers!!!

mike youre right, it is angled so the back is lower when the seat is forward. i.e. a little reclined. when you spin it towards the rear it is angled the other way, i.e. so the front is lower than the back. it is not uncomfortable in the rear facing position, although i haven't sat in it for any length of time facing backwards yet. to me it was worth the 250 bucks, it really opens the interior and gives a good place to relax when we're not moving. you need just a few tools to install, there are 8 bolt/nuts to unscrew and rescrew. my front bolts are T-55, but the auto place was kind enough to let me take the torx bit out to the parking lot to make sure i was buying the right one. if you know how to work a ratchet it should take 45 minutes, including time to open your beer for the job.
dimension4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:35 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete
FWIW, my 2010 express had a nice passenger swivel installed, but due to the routing of cables on the floor near the base of the center console and under-driver-seat fuse box the driver seat was not able to accept the swivel base ,(
Newbie question here:

If the seat swivels on a base pedestal that remains fastened to the floor, how can any cable routing near the center console prevent being able to make the driver seat swivel around to face rearward?
GoneNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #24

If the base is bigger and the cables cannot be moved? Seems like the fuse box would be more of a problem than anything, not something you can really extend.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:41 AM   #25

So I have a swivel from discount trucks. ( I didn't buy it; got it for free)
Looks like the second one down.
Van Seat Bases,universal van seat bases,driver,passenger
I would like to install in on a 2003 Chevy Express. The holes look like they will line up fine, but what are people doing with the wiring? It would appear that the wires should go through the holes in the center but when I unplug the wiring, the plastic heads are too big to fit through the center hole in the swivel and I do not see how to disconnect wiring from plastic head connectors. I also cannot find any instructions for how to install.
Roca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #26

Put an extention on the seat wires.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:48 AM   #27

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roca View Post
It would appear that the wires should go through the holes in the center but when I unplug the wiring, the plastic heads are too big to fit through the center hole in the swivel and I do not see how to disconnect wiring from plastic head connectors.
look for a cheap depin tool kit. most all wires can be removed from the plug and reinstalled after you route the wires where you want them. just pay close attention to where they go or do one at a time.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote