Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #1

Seats, and beds

Started up a new project, and wonder if someone have some good ideas about seat aragements. Due to Norwegian regulation for motorhomes i need to have a min 140x180 cm bed ( yes we use metric system) an frame mounted seats for the number of passengers needed ( 4 ) whit frame mounted security belts. The seats can be removable, but they do not accept a homemade bench. I is alsow of importance that the seats are secure for children seats.

Someone in the forum travel whit children and must have some ideas. Its a regular ford E 350.

I have done the first job due to isolation, and ground up build on the walls, now its windows and electrical next.

If someone have a good place to start looking for removable seats, give me a link.
Attached Thumbnails
005.JPG   004.JPG   006.JPG  

markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #2

Seats, and beds

I have four kids ages 1 through 9. We went with the Sprinter bench seats. Our only complaint is they are a little taller than we would like. However, that doesn't look like an issue for you.

For more info check the Large Family Sportsmobile thread and my gallery.

The benches and brackets can be acquired on e-bay.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:42 AM   #3

Re: Seats, and beds

Markus,
Check in Germany with Reimo, they do parts for campers and can be self installed.
Andrew
AndrewST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #4

You can put another row of captain's chairs behind the front captains chairs. If you put them all on a swivel, they can go around a table for meals or games.

Once the kids have safe seating, can you build bunk, bench or dinette seating that doesn't qualify- e.g. no seatbelts, not used for travel?

As far as the bed goes, are you going to have an upstairs bunk? Won't that qualify for the bed size requirement?
Old 08-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewST
Markus,
Check in Germany with Reimo, they do parts for campers and can be self installed.
Andrew
Hi, and thanks for last time, my rear spring project ended up in a new van, so no i can consentrate on one things. The site you send me is good, thanks.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
You can put another row of captain's chairs behind the front captains chairs. If you put them all on a swivel, they can go around a table for meals or games.

Once the kids have safe seating, can you build bunk, bench or dinette seating that doesn't qualify- e.g. no seatbelts, not used for travel?

As far as the bed goes, are you going to have an upstairs bunk? Won't that qualify for the bed size requirement?
I plan to have a bunk app 40cm up from the floor, whith storage place under, and a little bunk for my kid that some ho is hanging from the wall. I also consider 2 captain seats, but then i cant find out where to have the table. The fourth bed will be in the front seats, have seen a arragement for that. The best would be to have a 2 seat bench, whith seat belts, and have a system that is possible to fold in and out.

The regulation only requers confortable sleeping, and that is a wide discussion what is confortable.

Hope you understand my writing.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus
Quote:
Markus,
Andrew
Hi, and thanks for last time, my rear spring project ended up in a new van, so no i can consentrate on one things. The site you send me is good, thanks.
Have no looked to Reimos home page, and i think i have a solution there, all their stuff is also met the TUV, and that is enought for my regulation at home. The people who is making the approval of my car is not very happy in big us cars, and if not everything have a paper you can just be sure that you are going to spend the next months with trouble

So i think i will put some exstra dys to my next buisness trip to Germany, and make my VISA go hot.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessenej
I have four kids ages 1 through 9. We went with the Sprinter bench seats. Our only complaint is they are a little taller than we would like. However, that doesn't look like an issue for you.

For more info check the Large Family Sportsmobile thread and my gallery.

The benches and brackets can be acquired on e-bay.
Hi, i need to sllep in my van to, so i think it will be some problems whit all this seats, i think i found a bench i Germany that is meeting my requierments, and can be made to a bed.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:29 AM   #9

There is right now in Düsseldorf the caravan salon until sunday september 5.
I am trying to go there. Reimo and others are there...
In case your trip is soon

Just for the reason of your regulations, it helps having the TUV on it...
Good you found something interesting.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Markus,
Andrew
Have no looked to Reimos home page, and i think i have a solution there, all their stuff is also met the TUV, and that is enought for my regulation at home. The people who is making the approval of my car is not very happy in big us cars, and if not everything have a paper you can just be sure that you are going to spend the next months with trouble

So i think i will put some exstra dys to my next buisness trip to Germany, and make my VISA go hot.
AndrewST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:41 AM   #10

Hi.
It will not be that soon, my boss has to deside when, its probably around christmas
Are you planning to bring your van to switzerland after the rebuildt.