Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2017, 08:12 AM   #1

sienna seats as driver/passneger

Can someone who rolls this style of seat up front give a quick review. I am thinking of upgrading using the u-joint brackets. Word is they ride a little higher, but because the passenger unit can be set up as a swivel I thought it may be the ticket.

Thanks

vantron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:32 AM   #2

I designed the mounts to put the Sienna seat as close to the same position as the factory seat is based off of the dimensions given in the body builders books. The biggest difference though is that the Sienna seat foam doesn't compress inches like the Ford seat does when you sit in it. It feels higher and it is a little but it is also a more supported feel. You sit "IN" a Sienna seat, you sit "ON" a Ford seat. It is a much different feel. They have worked even for tall folks. Headroom hasn't been an issue for anyone I know of. The driver seat can also move back a little farther than the stock seat as long as there are no obstructions behind it.

The recliner style seat when swiveled back on the passenger side is awesome too! very nap worthy.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #3

Thanks for weighing in on this question. Here's another. Will the regular sienna bucket seat (2nd row), bolt in using the adapters and not be too visually different from the recliner? Will this change the feel of driving at all? It is easier to source a bucket for the driver seat as it won't recline anyway and then just try and find a passenger recliner.
vantron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:04 PM   #4

The seats feel pretty close to the same but the plain 2nd row captains chair sits farther forward on the mount than the recliner. The mounts will work with both and there are holes designed in for both seats. fitting the seat belt pre-tensioner is a little more work too...but not bad.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:22 AM   #5
MSD

Garage
How does the sienna seat base work with a swivel? Is it a lower mounting swivel? Or have the bases changed to work with a swivel now? I sold my sienna seat bases I bought from Chris because they didn't work with a swivel (to high). I'd really love to run sienna seats in my van just want it to work with my current passenger swivel which is one of Rays aka 1der here on the forum. Let me know... [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #6

Pretty sure MG developed a Sienna specific swivel base for the passenger seats.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:41 AM   #7
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
Pretty sure MG developed a Sienna specific swivel base for the passenger seats.

Gotcha. I had heard but haven't been able to see one yet, so thought they maybe were one offs for MG. But makes perfect sense. 20/20 hindsight I should have contacted MG first. But was on a trip & stopped by ujoint & bought some bases. Guess these (MG's) will be on my wish list. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:46 AM   #8

i would think you would need to adapt a lower profile swivel to make it work...i'm working on that now, as i plan to use the reclining sienna seats as my second row, and want matching buckets in the front, and i need the front passenger to swivel.
bet on black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
...thought they maybe were one offs for MG. But makes perfect sense. 20/20 hindsight I should have contacted MG first. But was on a trip & stopped by ujoint & bought some bases. Guess these (MG's) will be on my wish list. [emoji16]
The Ujoint now makes the front mounts that I used to offer. He also makes a generic mount for using them in the rear too. I got out of the Sienna seat stuff cuz it was draining all of my time.

Jsweezy has a set in his van, maybe he can post pics.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:27 PM   #10

Garage
I would but I use to use photobucket to do that... Not sure how to do it now.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
front, sienna, swivel