Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2017, 01:17 PM   #1

Garage
Sketchup Files: Post em up

Hey, everybody! If you have Sketchup files you can share, would you take a few minutes and post them on this thread? Now that there's so much free stuff from Sketchup, we could all benefit from your work. The new, free, IPAD 3D viewer app is really great and easy to use. And, did I say FREE? The 3D Warehouse of designs is totally accessible, too.

I'm posting this request because I'm embarking on an interior design, did a search here using the keyword Sketchup and there are 19 posts from folks who've shared pics but no files. Can we see 'em? Pretty please? All levels of sophistication accepted! I promise to share my meager attempts here when I have some.

Share yours here:

Google Sketchup (.skp) Repository - Sportsmobile Forum

Old 09-27-2017, 11:44 AM   #2

Sorry to hijack this thread but I was wondering if you made that EB50 model yourself or you got it somewhere? I'd like to learn sketchup and I'm wondering if there is a model floating around that would approximate my 2011 EB50. Will happily share what I make on this thread.
kingnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:54 PM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnever View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread but I was wondering if you made that EB50 model yourself or you got it somewhere? I'd like to learn sketchup and I'm wondering if there is a model floating around that would approximate my 2011 EB50. Will happily share what I make on this thread.
No apologies necessary! We're all about giving and "stealing" ideas here. So, the link I posted was to the thread on this forum for Sketchup files. A member called Charlie56 posted a bunch of files on his EB50 layout. You can use those files as you learn Sketchup and adapt them to your own needs.

I'm just leaning Sketchup myself and am using other folks' files to mess around with my own ideas. No one responded to my recent post, so maybe not too many folks are using Sketchup for this. But I'm hoping to catch everybody who is using it on this forum. Please do post any sketches you come up with and I will too.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:25 AM   #4

I've been using SketchUp to produce building parts and railroad models for about 3 years now. If you are just getting started, I have a clinic handout that provides a lot of ideas about making sure you download the FREE version of SketchUp and Netfabb, how to export projects from SketchUp, etc. The clinic handout is on my website at Clinic Handouts | Yosemite Valley Railroad and clinic on SketchUp and 3D printing to download the .pdf file.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:43 AM   #5

I just clicked on the link in the first post. Charlie56 was the lead Architect on two of my public building projects and always liked our SMB. He desired to buy one with the custom design he shared on the forum. He took the plan when he and his wife drove to Fresno to order their van. After all that work, they ended up buying a van with a stock EB-50 floor plan!
Old 09-28-2017, 10:51 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvrr View Post
I've been using SketchUp to produce building parts and railroad models for about 3 years now. If you are just getting started, I have a clinic handout that provides a lot of ideas about making sure you download the FREE version of SketchUp and Netfabb, how to export projects from SketchUp, etc. The clinic handout is on my website at Clinic Handouts | Yosemite Valley Railroad and clinic on SketchUp and 3D printing to download the .pdf file.

Thanks, Jack. Great stuff!
Old 09-28-2017, 11:09 AM   #7

Garage
Somebody requested photos. Here's a few. But the real joy of Sketchup is being able to move the models around in 3D. If you download the free Sketchup Viewer, you can click on any file and manipulate it, adding and removing layers you want to see. The ones below are from this forum's files (Charlie's). The last one is an 80/20 cabinet sketch from Sketchup's library.

Tags
.skp, design, files, mockups, sketchup