Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2018, 04:07 PM   #11
MSD

Garage
Think these might work as right side up… hoping so. I just re-sized them a bit. Nice work Saline, van is looking good.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 4.04.08 PM.jpg   Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 4.04.25 PM.jpg  

1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:04 PM   #12

I put this DIY together 2 years ago. I think my tank (10 gallons) is probably bigger than your manchester tank, but still relevant. Let me know if you have any questions.

https://imgur.com/a/iVI8I
van-wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:13 AM   #13
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by van-wilder View Post
I put this DIY together 2 years ago. I think my tank (10 gallons) is probably bigger than your manchester tank, but still relevant. Let me know if you have any questions.

https://imgur.com/a/iVI8I
That's a nice looking project!

I know its well after the fact but I'm hoping you treated the raw sheet metal edges left after the cutting with some sort of rust preventative material? The lower pinchweld areas are already highly prone to rust, assuming you're in a climate where that's an issue?
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by saline View Post
I recently installed a Manchester tank with a remote fill setup. I put it between the framerails. I'll post pics soon.
Saline, would totally love more info on tank model and remote filler info. I am already sick of dealing with "off board" propane.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
That's a nice looking project!

I know its well after the fact but I'm hoping you treated the raw sheet metal edges left after the cutting with some sort of rust preventative material? The lower pinchweld areas are already highly prone to rust, assuming you're in a climate where that's an issue?
Thanks. Yes, the project wasn't completely finished in the DIY pictures. I actually built a wooden frame between the two body panels, so that the inner body isn't exposed to the elements, and sealed everything up with great stuff foam. I also painted the sheet metal with some spray paint. I live in they SF bay area, so rust isn't too much of a concern.

I'll update this with a few pictures of the finished tank mount when I have a moment.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:21 PM   #16

Here are some more pictures of how I undermounted the propane tank, and how I weatherproofed between the inner and outer body panels. It is a ten gallon flame king tank. [IMG][/IMG]