Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #11

Re: Swivel seat bases - What works for what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3kids
Just FYI, here's a pict of my 06 E350 passenger seat separated from the OEM seat base. The pre-tensioner is left alone. I'm guessing what 86Scotty is asking is indeed possible but I have no first hand experience.

Ray
Thanks Ray, that's exactly what I thought. I see no reason why I can't install a flat, basic swivel base. I'm about to call them.

After seeing the pic, it looks feasible to me. I suspect the "piro" version remounts the seatbelt to the base so that wire routing is not problem. You probably will want to give it a good plastic flex-condiuit so it doesn't get pinched (I've never heard of it happening, but I'm wondering if it could trigger inadvertently if the wires get pinched just right)

Old 03-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #12

Re: Swivel seat bases - What works for what?

I guess the swivel base I was envisioning were the OEM ones I picked up from my Pick-N-Pull last year. (There's a separate thread showing picts of them.) Anyways, in the center is a 1in diameter hole where you would thread the wire from the floor to the seat so no binding. No messing with the pretensioner, no messing with the shoulder belt anchor.

(The bases I posted for free have all been spoken for although they have yet to be picked up and sent out.)

Ray
my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:47 AM   #13

I have a 2005 Chevy Express and would like the swivel on the passenger side. The seats seem fairly large to me, but I think they must be standard size, just with a cover. I’m trying to find a swivel and have it installed. Any suggestions on the type and where to find it?
Thanks
ConnieKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:34 AM   #14

Discount Van/Truck

Prepare for a long wait.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:47 PM   #15

Garage
these guys advertise chevy bases for 96 and up. no idea if they will work for your application, but cant hurt to inquire.

https://shop4seats.com/rv-furniture/...-rv-bases.html

ive seen all steel brand swivels in a ford van, but cant see anything available from that brand at all.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:11 PM   #16

Very true, I guess I’ll just have to be prepared to wait!
Thanks,
Old 05-03-2019, 12:51 PM   #17

While my van is a 2007, I think they would be similar. I replaced the square base with a rotating pedestal type. Got them in 2 weeks. I also moved the driver seat back 2 inches for comfort. To tackle the storage part, we mounted storage bins that resemble ammo cans. Mounted might be an exaggeration. We used 2" wide Velcro strips on each side, glued to the rubber flooring. They are removable for cleaning, and stay in place when traveling.
Mischievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:58 PM   #18

Swivel seat bases

Mischievous,
Hi there! Thanks for the info and ideas. I was seriously thinking of taking it to a Chevy dealer to
get it fixed up, especially as it’s only the passenger side. The #%!?*^! Gaucho is right behind the driver seat...so I can’t do that one. But even one would help.
I also have a surprisingly large bathroom ( but no shower...but I’ve got a fix for that), so there is a door.
I was thinking of removing it, and attaching a wall shelf with room for drawers ( which I desperately need!).
My other interior change is the bloody gaucho! I really want to make the base a bit larger so I have room for a third battery. Prev. Owner removed absolutely everything associated with the propane generator ( and I mean everything!)!!! So I plan to go
solar.
Amazon has a nice trifold foam mattress, and I’m trying to figure out something lighter than wood as a base. ( thinking a cot top type thing), then L-ledges on
3 sides to hold it in. I have a really bad back, so lighter is better. I seem to have more “ stuff” than the original owner....and really need space for clothes, and other items.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:44 AM   #19

Did you check with 1Der? Pretty sure he has what you need
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 03:58 PM   #20

Darkstar,
No I haven’t. Fractured L4 and possibly 3 as well, so I
plan to have Chevy do the work and supply what I
need. May cost more, but better for me right now!
Thanks for the suggestion though....it’s appreciated!
C