Old 01-06-2017, 09:54 PM   #61

after some exhaustive research and fitment, I fit a 45 gallon tank behind the axle. Its a perfect fit, and doesnt hang any lower than the OEM tow package. It clears my 4" exhaust, the tow package, and bolts in using factory frame holes.
The van rides much nicer with that much weight back there too.

expeditionnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:59 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
Am looking for some designs to supporting an under floor water tank between the frame rails behind the rear axel. B350 had some good photos of his support system. Did a shearch and did not get any results. If anyone has done this can you post your designs or point me to the your build thread. Thanks.
I built a skid plate out of 3/16" steel to hold my tank. basically a shell that covers three sides of the tank. keeps the light away from the tank, and protects it completely. Ill find some photos.

expeditionnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #63

Well it finely warmed up a bit here in Oregon which allows me to work in my garage for extended periods. The result is a productive couple of days.

Got the fridge slide mounted in the kitchen cabinet and test fit the Norcold NRF45 fridge to make sure it would clear the sink. The empty space to the left is for four drawers. There will also be two more drawers above the fridge.

In addition was able to make progress constructing the drawer boxes. Twelve down and five more to build.

The nasty weather has delayed the delivery of the drawer slides. They were suppose to show up last week and then again yesterday. Now they are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Once those are here the drawers can be mounted and the drawer fronts installed.