Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2016, 05:43 PM   #381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
Out of an F250/F350?? Are these like the Sterlings coming from Ujoint?

Sorry I am dumb on this stuff and keep mucking up Sweezy's build thread.

I looked at a ford parts site and it looks like the RSC is integrated on the axle shafts on the Semi Float. but I am not sure. I may never upgrade, but never say never. A full float rear would kind of ice the cake.
carringb beat me to it.... However...RSC is also individual brake lines, not just sensor at each wheel.

sometime around '11 or '12 the F-series started in with the nanny brakes.

mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 05:48 PM   #382

From what I can gather on the interwebs, the 2011 Fseries have it. Couple axles on ebay for about 1000bucks and 250 shipping.

Thanks carringb and mgm. I keep talking about this so eventually I am gonna have to go after it.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:02 AM   #383

Garage
Flux - Just a heads up, don't ask MG if something is possible, he will always say it is because he knows a lot more than we do and can always figure out a way to make things happen. Just look at his build thread ha ha.

Don't worry about ruining this thread, Its really just here for all of us to learn from so as long as we are learning about vans, I don't see it as a bad thing.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:06 AM   #384

Garage
Just a feel good update.

Last night I had to tow my trailer (3500lbs) that I always tow, nothing crazy and I just wanted to let you all know that it felt amazing. With everything finally the way its supposed to be (other than the annoying out of balance issue) towing my trailer felt like a jog compared to the hardcore sprint that it used to feel like. It just put a huge smile on my face remembering where I was when I first pulled the trailer, white knuckled down the freeway, compared to now.

SO moral of the story is to stick with it even if the van makes you want to never work on a vehicle again because when it does all finally come together it feels so good.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:02 AM   #385

Congrats on that Jsweezy!!!

And thanks for some grace on talking up a few pages here. When you get MG and carringb chiming in...you listen!
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:24 AM   #386

Garage
Hey josh - what is the offset on your wheels? Is is ET40?. I went with the same wheels as Michael at ET12. I might want to pick up a set of stock F250 wheels for snow tires but don't know how well they will work.
Thanks!
Steve
2006 E350 RB-31 MG Metalworks/UJOR 4x4 swap (on to another)
ranchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:32 AM   #387

Garage
Hey Ranchero - I commented on the page you asked this on before but had a heck of a time finding that you even asked it so I'm glad you asked it again here.

My wheels are the stock wheels for a 2011 f250. If your axle is 2013+ make sure you get the 2013+ stock wheels as they allow more room for the upgrades larger caliper. I'm not sure exactly what the specs are but it's like 6" backspaceing or something crazy, but even then they work perfectly and if you get 1.5" spacers on the rear the front and rear lines up exactly. They may look a little funny with fender flares being sucked in more but I don't like flares so I think they are perfect without them.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:09 PM   #388

Garage
Transfer case linkage...

So after some research it looks like the transfer case linkage that Advanced put on this van is originally made for an older truck, not surprised but a little bummed to see it. Whenever I had shifted from 2hi to any other options in the past it felt like its gonna just snap right off, but it does in fact work so the next issue was that the boot was DISGUSTING...

And thats just the top side, I didnt even bother getting a photo of the underside. But I didnt want to have a gaping hole in the floor of my van once I pulled that off and decided it wasn't going back on so I made a cover oh and painted the trim ring...

Knowing that I needed to get a boot and that I didn't care for the fact that it isn't the stock linkage, I figured I would just order the correct one for this application from Ujoint since its a package ready to go. Then I saw that it was going to cost me $400 including shipping and decided my crappy functional one could work for the time being so I ordered the $29 boot. Big thanks to BoyWonder for figuring that one out for me and letting the forum know so I could order one.

Well with the big "storm" coming in today and UPS being the bad asses that they are I got my boot just in time and threw it on in case for whatever reason I did need to utilize my 4wd in this madness...

At least now my van will still be a 4wd functioning van for the time being and maybe ill ask Santa for some new linkage for christmas.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:27 PM   #389

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
Well with the big "storm" coming in today and UPS being the bad asses that they are I got my boot just in time and threw it on in case for whatever reason I did need to utilize my 4wd in this madness...

At least now my van will still be a 4wd functioning van for the time being and maybe ill ask Santa for some new linkage for christmas.

Looks really nice! If you need a character reference letter to Santa, lemme know.

As for the big storm, here on the East side, we've gotten a bit of wind and it's snowing little tiny flakes. I was hoping for a whopper, since everything got called off anyway. Guess we'll see...

Old 12-08-2016, 02:47 PM   #390

Garage
Thanks and actually I guess I have what I'm supposed to. After going back and forth with MG it appears that I have the right shifter but am having a heck of a time with 4lo and I guess I didn't realize to engage the 4lo you need to pull the shifter left and back.

So people please let me know if this is correct. 2hi is all the way up, 4hi is straight back behind it, Neutral is straight back behind that, and then 4lo is left and back?

Thanks!!