Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2017, 11:04 PM   #491

Whoever bought it is getting a sweet ride!!

Look forward to your next build.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:06 AM   #492

Congrats! Glad things lined up as you wished, THD is looking good - going to new home in style.

I want some stationary sienna seats for second row in HellBetty (much less expensive option, plus I don't want my passengers getting TOO comfortable! Is the seller using the mount from UJOR? Has the new mounting bracket hit the streets yet?
Old 03-04-2017, 08:33 AM   #493

Garage
Thanks guys/gals I know he's excited to get going.

Annie - He will be using the same mounts Ujoint sells. What new bracket are you talking about? I didn't realize there was gonna be a new one?

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:40 AM   #494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
OK so since 86 Scotty wanted more info about the transfer case shifter, I said by goodness I better find that gosh darn info.

*Full disclosure - MG sent me the link to a thread with all of this info so I really only did half the work, MG did the digging so I had something to start with*

I prefer all Ford OEM stuff on my van unless for whatever reason it will not without a doubt work on my van. Here are the parts numbers from top to bottom that I did find if you want to go this route. I am trying to include pictures if possible.

Ford Shifter Lever Knob - 4L3Z-7213-AB

Ford Shifter Lever Upper - F81Z-7210-AB

Ford Shifter Lever Lower - 4C3Z-7210-BA

Ford Gear Change Rod - 4C3Z-7B051-FA

(Ideally if you get an NV271 transfer case thats setup correctly you shouldn't need this next part but ill put it here just for reference)
Ford Gear Change Rod - 6C3Z-7B106-A

And that concludes the list. The stock ford boot won't work with these vans because they are made for the truck floor which has the tunnel and we are putting the shift lever to the right of our drivers seat which is a flat surface.

I have this setup if you wanted to go with the round boot -

Kenworth 7 1/8" rubber shifter boot / Dorman 924-5406

Kenworth 7" Round shift boot trim ring

Honestly if you dont want to go through all this hassle of buying parts individually then just order the kit from Chris at Ujoint Offroad. But if you want all genuine ford parts without a spacer moving the shifter to the rear then go this route. Mine doesn't have a spacer moving the shifter to the rear and you can see where its located below.

You will need the two bolts that attach the shifter to the side of the transmission and the shift lever to the shifter but that should be the only hardware it requires. I will get the dimensions off of mine when I go to swap mine and edit this post to reflect.

Here is a picture of what this setup looks like and the placement of the shifter next to the seat without any extra spacers to the rear like Ujoint includes.

Feel free to bug me with any questions!
Does this apply to the 6.0s also? I see ujointoffroad sells 3 seperate kits. Not sure on the differences. Thanks
kmtischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:15 PM   #495

3 different kits for 3 different transmissions.
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote