Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #21

Re: UJoint V4 Awsome at SEMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarvisjo
WoW Chris that thing is SIC! I live in Wilmington NC and I want to drive to Asheville and see that thing! U Joint always seems to be pushing the progressive pages of form and function.
Chris as to our conversation about my 2001 7.3, thanks for all your help with my home build.
Thanks man! Come up any time, moving to the new shop 12-1 and we'll have an open house party soon after.

ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopperguy
I like it. I build my stuff for me. I have people bitch about my choppers often, but who gives a rip. It's my build and I'm not looking for cudo's from the masses. That's what all this is about in my opinion. Build what you like for you and your needs. If you're building for what others think you're backing up. I like it (not that it matters) and if Chris likes it (which I know he does), then that's all that matters. Keep on keeping on Chris. Great work as always. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks, we think a lot in many ways!

I fully understand that not everyone will like what I'm doing. Vanaconda proved that over the years. Too big, too clean, I heard it all. Then I'd show them what it was capable of on & off road and they'd quickly change their tune. No backing up!
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #23

Great looking rig, Chris...well done. I don't think some of the comments are justified; I know that you put a lot of heart and soul into your projects, and like everything that is custom built, it is a work in progress. I know from dealing with you that you don't build crap, and some people don't realize how difficult it is to pull off a project of this magnitude, and that everything is not perfect the first version. It is much easier to sit at your computer and criticize than to actually go out and build something....

Keep up the good work. I cant wait to see this rig!!

Best,
Chris
3677chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #24
Site Team

Seems to me that Chris' vision is similar to the one in the link below for Ute flatbeds for pickup trucks. I always thought it was a very interesting concept, and a concept that allowed the base vehicle to have multiple roles for a family.

http://www.uteltd.com/
Old 11-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #25

I can see the utility in a multi-use vehicle.

But, that sounds like the pickup/popup camper that I got rid of when I moved up the my vastly superior SMB.

Personally, I would rather have the weight/camper lower and a use specific vehicle.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #26

Mission accomplished, may the critics put a van together in a week and a half and drive it cross country.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #27

I didn't mean to imply anything beyond the fact that it isn't for me. The world needs more choices even if they aren't my choices. We all have different tastes and different needs. In short, we all different and better off because of it. I would be a boring world if we all liked the same things.

The V4 shows a possible way forward after the demise of the E-Series vans. And I applaud Chris for doing it. Like most things, some will love it, some will like it, some won't like it, some will hate it. I can only hope that Chris loves it and a buyer will love it and I will have other options.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_6L_E350
I didn't mean to imply anything beyond the fact that it isn't for me. The world needs more choices even if they aren't my choices. We all have different tastes and different needs. In short, we all different and better off because of it. I would be a boring world if we all liked the same things.

The V4 shows a possible way forward after the demise of the E-Series vans. And I applaud Chris for doing it. Like most things, some will love it, some will like it, some won't like it, some will hate it. I can only hope that Chris loves it and a buyer will love it and I will have other options.

Mike

Well said Mike!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #29

Your right Mike we are all different and that's what keeps it interesting. If I had a chance to build such a beast it would have an extra-cab layout to accomadate the whole family.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #30
Site Team

I'm thinking a camper like that on a Ford F650 cutaway platform. You can get an F650 with a 6.7L Cummins diesel powerplant, which can be had with up to 360HP and 800 ft-lbs of torque.

Herb