Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2010, 08:16 AM   #11

Re: What propane tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabman
Wow nice tank... I have a Chevy question:
How on earth did you get those bolts up into the box sections under the floor???
Thanx for the tip... (it is for my battery project )
saabman, if you look at the first picture you will notice a hole in the side of the channel with white paint around the hole. I used an 1-1/2" hole saw. This allowed me to get a nut and washers in and still hold in place as I tightened the bolt. I needed to use 3-1/2" bolts for spacing the tank but I was able to put a 2" bolt in the hole and align.

Rick

02Chevytonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #12

Re: What propane tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabman
Wow nice tank... I have a Chevy question:
How on earth did you get those bolts up into the box sections under the floor???
Thanx for the tip... (it is for my battery project )
You can also get self tapping bolts in larger sizes. Basically drill a hole in the specified size for that bolt and the tip is tapered with some cutting bits, and it threads the drilled hole. Used some on rock rails into the frame. I used to stand the Jeep XJ on the rails with nothing but those bolts on the frame side, and years later they were tight when I parted the Jeep. I would add some LockTite if I had it to do over, but they work well enough without it.