Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2014, 10:57 PM   #1

What size lift and tire is this??

I found some images of a Quigley van that I LOVE the stance of. I am considering a lift and wheel/tire change to my 2wd diesel ClubWagon. If I can figure out what the lift height is on the van shown as well as tire and wheel size, I'll be a lot closer to making a decision. Love the CLEAN look of this van.

http://tenwheel.com/view/4665-quigley_2 ... o_van.html

Wish I could do a 4x4 conversion but it's just not in the budget, and far from being in my budget.

- Nick S. in Oceanside....1998 Ford Club Wagon Chateau HD, 7.3L PSD, 4" Turbo back exhaust. Still a 2wd van with 3.55 floating rear diff. Sitting with a 4" Weldtec Designs bent I-beam lift with Agile Offroad tuned Fox shocks. Still have baby tires (245s) but loving the van more and more each day.
nicksandvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:24 PM   #2

Re: What size lift and tire is this??

Check out actionvansuspension.com and camburg.com. Action van has quite a few pics on their website. Both companies are located in socal/orange county, so they arent too far from you. I'm thinking about getting the Action Van installed soon.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:27 PM   #3

Also, I read your other thread about the noise level after you changed your exhaust. You should note that larger tires with a more aggressive tread pattern compared to street tires is going to create more noise as well.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:31 PM   #4

mikracer - ActionVan is one I am definitely looking at. I am also considering doing a UJoint conversion in steps. So I'd do the front axle and lift first, then move forward with tcase, trans work, etc as budget allows. I just worry that my budget will never really allow for that. Haha!

Road noise is a concern of mine with a lift, but I am not looking at doing super aggressive tires. What I am thinking is a 4" lift with Goodyear Wranger All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar in 285/85/16. Not looking to do much rock crawling or heavy offroad. More for snowy conditions and light off road trailhead access. I think those tires fit the bill pretty well from what I've read.

I'm going to keep looking for parts to source locally, as I really WANT to go the UJoint route. Just don't know if I CAN. Finding local parts (mainly the axle) will help me out big time.
- Nick S. in Oceanside....1998 Ford Club Wagon Chateau HD, 7.3L PSD, 4" Turbo back exhaust. Still a 2wd van with 3.55 floating rear diff. Sitting with a 4" Weldtec Designs bent I-beam lift with Agile Offroad tuned Fox shocks. Still have baby tires (245s) but loving the van more and more each day.
nicksandvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:02 AM   #5

Contact the seller and see if you can get the VIN, then call Quigley with that VIN. They'll tell you everything exactly.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote