Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #1

Wicked big Platform Bremach is now in the USA

So I was at SEMA checking out cool stuff for Disabled Explorers and look at what I found!
Bremach is an Italian make that has 3 powerplant setups for the US market (yeah I picked their brains)...
gas, gas-electric hybrid & all electric

Now just think what a great platform the gas-electric would be for overland travel...an extra 30Kw or so for AC, fridge, radios, nav, cooking, heating, and soooo much more...

it comes in a 2 door and best of all a 4 door, so slap a box on the back and a family is ready to roll with solid axles, transfer case/low range and lockers!

bremachusa.com is the website and here are a few pics

Old 11-07-2010, 07:50 AM   #2

Re: Wicked big Platform Bremach is now in the USA

I saw that they are being offered in the US too and posted about it awhile ago. Should be interesting and looks pretty neat by the engine choices and what it can do. Cost may be prohibitive however...

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/vie...php?f=8&t=5502
Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #3

Hey Roonie,
Sorry I forgot about your thread in my excitement at actually laying hands on one of these....I am talking with the US importer about setting up a test driver/review and will keep everyone posted.

I spent a few hours with the guys who are bringing these in and there are some really interesting things in the works...
Is it for everyone, of course not, but is is a great new platform to look at, Oh Yeah.

They are using a 6.0L 323hp GM gas engine for folks who want something simple, or a gas/electric hybrid (best for overlanding I would think), or an all electric, or a LPG version.
No diesel as the new emission stuff makes that a nightmare for a vehicle importer.

The 4dr version is around $100k and only weighs 7000lbs with a 7000lb payload (those are some quick numbers they gave, I am looking forward to learning more).

48 deg approach angle, 44 deg departure and 135 deg breakover, those are nice numbers even if you put a camper box on the back.......which tons of people in Europe are using to travel Africa & the world.

I took more pics of the inside which I will upload tonight....It would be great to see someone like Sportsmobile built a RV setup on this platform.

I am looking forward to talking to the guys there more very soon, we really hit it off at SEMA (I had crawled all over the T-Rex in Germany and liked it) and they are interested in our overlanding world.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:57 PM   #4

Here are some of the pics I took at SEMA....

The overhead console is already setup for 2 extra radios and has additional storage, this saves a builder from having to custom make this part.

The dash is a redo for the US market, aftermarket gauges to give you all the info, lots of room to add extra switches and 2 storage areas in front of the passenger, plenty of room for maps and you could do a laptop nav system super easy in. Not sure what would be needed to get rid of the center console in a 2dr to make pass thru to the camper easier.

The front and rear solid axles look plenty tough, other than those everything else is very well tucked up and I would not worry about skid plates at all. I have run my Sportsmobile through a number of rock gardens and not had issues.
Maybe some sort of bash plate for the front if someone really wanted.
The leafs look stout, but of course once a camper box is on there might be a need to upgrade springs and shocks.

This is the engine compartment for the GM powered gas version, plenty of room for extra batteries, dual alternator, and lots of other stuff. You can get snorkels and other stuff easily from Europe.
Like I have said, the gas/electric is what I am looking forward to learning more about as that solves SO MANY issues as far as adding extra batteries, solar and all those other ways we deal with our power needs.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:06 PM   #5

The photo in the ditch sure looks like it's 3 across in the cab, which probably means there is an option for something other than the console there.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:48 AM   #6

Great eye there hombre...
I went and looked at a few things on the Bremach Italy site and then the US version...
looks like since they are using a GM engine & trans that they are building the center console/shifter setup here in the US.
So that might mean something custom could be worked out.

As soon as I have an extra $110k I plan on getting one and letting everyone know

Actually as soon as I can get to Chino I plan to get behind the wheel of one for a test drive, so should anyone else in the area.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:23 AM   #7

Garage

Looks to be sorta like a 4WD DUCATI!
Old 11-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #8

How do I find out where they are in Chino, CA? I will be in Chino next week checking on my 71 supper Bug at Metric Motors.

Angel
2006 Chalet LTW 15ft. Folding Travel Trailer 14 in. tires
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote