Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2018, 07:49 PM   #81

Pic of it up.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Wanderer-RRORC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:40 AM   #82
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Looking good so far---great progress!

I hear ya on this Ohio "heat"----its NOT a dry heat and it DOES suck working inside one of these sweat lodges on wheels the past week or so!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:24 AM   #83

Nice work on fabricating your own canvas!

If you were doing math to figure out where to mount struts, etc pretty sure that's trig not algebra
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:27 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
Nice work on fabricating your own canvas!

If you were doing math to figure out where to mount struts, etc pretty sure that's trig not algebra
It can kiss my butt too!! LOL...for some reason I had it figured out but missed it by about 1.3369ueu8r8r87r48 th of an inch....so I went back to the tried and true move it and see what needs modified..

Last night the kids helped me get 4 new Clarion 5 way (yep 5) speakers installed..didn't trim openings...I beat them wider with a hammer....MAN does it sound GOOD!! next purchase is a 12 or 15in powered sub for right behind the driver seat....need that BOOM...now that the aluminum cans in a bag are gone!! *buzz rattle buzz*

Old 05-31-2018, 10:30 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Looking good so far---great progress!

I hear ya on this Ohio "heat"----its NOT a dry heat and it DOES suck working inside one of these sweat lodges on wheels the past week or so!
We almost beat down a skinny guy at camp last August...he was drunk and said he liked the mid west more than the desert because it was "A MOIST heat"..

He's lucky it was too hot or 8 fat guys would have beaten him to death...

We watch LIVE PD and you can tell when they are in Louisiana because foot chases are slow jogs!!

Old 05-31-2018, 10:37 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer-RRORC View Post
for some reason I had it figured out but missed it by about 1.3369ueu8r8r87r48 th of an inch....so I went back to the tried and true move it and see what needs modified.
Math sucks. I don't do it, but I'm damn good at the trial and error method. I sit back and visualize how I want something to work and give it a try. I learned though that if my visualization period exceeds more than two beers, I'm better off to save the thought and wait till the next day for the fabrication part. Less re-do's that way. Great progress though.

By the way, is your sewing machine a walking foot or did you find one that will pull that canvas without?
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:06 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
Math sucks. I don't do it, but I'm damn good at the trial and error method. I sit back and visualize how I want something to work and give it a try. I learned though that if my visualization period exceeds more than two beers, I'm better off to save the thought and wait till the next day for the fabrication part. Less re-do's that way. Great progress though.

By the way, is your sewing machine a walking foot or did you find one that will pull that canvas without?
I got a secret....its khaki 1.9 oz ripstop....60 in wide so I just doubled it over and stitched the hem line...and stitched the screen on...I have a trick for the Velcro closure..

So my regular machine does just fine (ripstop is kinda slick so you have to semi feed it)

Yes..I cheated....

Old 06-23-2018, 09:15 PM   #88

Been a few weeks...quite a bit done..but mostly little maintenance things..

ICP changed (injection control pressure sensor) as it would. It would restart fine after about 15 min of sitting but cut out within 2 min..and be hard to restart...more than 20 min it would be fine..less than 10 min it would be fine...weird...and it takes almost an hour to get to the thing..intake rubber has to come off...and lay on the motor...

And 2 weeks later the o ring on it starts leaking..back on top of the motor I go!!

Ordered the sunroof...it came in 4 days late...4...very....rainy...days....so carpet is soaked,thru the pad (see gigantic fan photo)

Finally got the last of the mounting Velcro done today...gotta,pick up 4 pieces for the other 2 windows and the small add on panel...but it went in and looks AWSOME!!

HITCHES on the front are amazing...and she tows the 14x7 tandem enclosed very well!! Needs a brake controller..

Pyro arrived on a slow boat from China..I gotta get a drill bit and a new tap set and it will go in tomorrow...now I can really see what's going on inside the cylinder heads..and look at exhausts and tuners...

It was a good day..new sunroof is pretty slick too!! Fully removable....

Old 06-24-2018, 09:19 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso View Post
I just noticed you have a newer grill, the gas version, to compare, how are your current EOT and ECTs?
First: Great build thread!

Bbasso - I put the ‘03 style grill on our ‘02 7.3 because I like the looks of the ‘03 grill better. I do not think there is a Gas version vs Diesel version. There does seem to be a ‘03 and up versions with /without the honeycomb pattern open or closed. I have seen both versions of the honeycomb open/closed on diesel and gas vans so I do not know what build code would dictate one over the other.

Performance wise - No difference in temps between ‘02 Oval and ‘03 grills. I subsequently drilled out each of the individual “honeycomb” spots to the right and left of the center opening, easy to do. No decernable temp difference but I like the way it looks. It did provide a bit more direct airflow into the oil cooler area on the driver’s side.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:44 PM   #90

I gotta share...great weekend of progress!!

Got the last of the mounting stuff done and picked up the last pieces of Velcro for the top!!

Headliner installed today and a couple cheater lights put up..other interior lights now all have switches...

Picked up new drill bits and a fresh tap and die kit to get the new exhaust temp gauge so when the performance tuner gets installed I can keep from melting pistions...

Couple little thing and the pop top is COMPLETELY DONE!!