Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2018, 02:55 PM   #11

I have one that came stock in my new (2006) van. I dont think its insulated, but there is a floor to ceiling curtain behind the drivers seat. My 7 year old keeps making the front seats her "secret lair" to the exclusion of everyone else. There is a metal track screwed into the headliner that the curtain runs on. Its pretty neat. I could take some pics and measurements if it helps create a guide for the design.

Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:42 PM   #12

Ripple, the OP here, has not visited the forum in 10 months. Obviously he/she came here just to sell stuff. Not my place to say that's cool or not but it is generally frowned upon.

Why am even saying this? Because Ripple's idea is a good one. It works. Most temp in our vans is lost in the cab area. We insulate the rest but few people insulate the front floor or inside the front doors, and there's hardly a way to really insulate the dash/firewall area. Also, all the glass and seals. Almost impossible. Divider curtains do serious good.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:44 PM   #13

Behind the front seat for sure. I have a black out curtain that snaps to the over head just behind the seats. It's long enough to also snap over the side windows and the windshield. I use it behind the seats 90% of the time since it's quick, easy and sorta stealth, looking a bit less like someone is living inside. It's hard to make it completely "light proof" though, so when urban camping I park under the brightest light I can find, so interior lights don't show as much. For winter camping, a well insulated curtain would be even better. There is a fabric called "warm windows" I considered making some out of, but it's darn expensive, so I went with some blackout curtains from Walmart for a start. With winter on it's way though, I'm beginning to think about an insulated set. Make it black on the side people see from the outside, well insulated, and also make it so light doesn't show from inside and I'll buy your first set. Additional inserts for the windows in back will also reduce the heat loss, and work better than the Reflectix I use now.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:13 AM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashidalgo View Post
Where did you get it? did it came with the RB?
I made mine while I was on a road trip last year to Alaska. Heavy duty black moving blanket and a hammer snap kit. Actually made it in Lowes parking lot... not perfect but it functioned great. I am planning a nice version for my current van.
dokaman is offline   Reply With Quote