Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hollister, Ca
Posts: 60
Re: 2002 Sportsmoble E350 EB Quigely 4 x 4 $36,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocsmb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_6L_E350
Congratulations to both of you!


I've got reservations about the high miles.

Hoping someone out there has similar miles and can comfort me by telling me how well their rig is still running.
I have 230K miles on my 7.3...runs better now than it did at 50K. I have not done anything other than oil change every 5000 miles and replaced the coolant a couple of times, thats it! Original transmission too, but I plan on a rebuild soon based on mileage. Oh, and the van has held up remarkably well with no problems other than a seat belt return spring and the seats are getting a little broke down support wise, but they still look good.
__________________

__________________
Robert Britton
2000 Chateau 7.3
Chinook 4x4
robtbritn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,582
Re: 2002 Sportsmoble E350 EB Quigely 4 x 4 $36,900

Glad to hear that.

Just noticed 7.4 in your sig. How'd u get an extra .1L ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by robtbritn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocsmb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_6L_E350
Congratulations to both of you!


I've got reservations about the high miles.

Hoping someone out there has similar miles and can comfort me by telling me how well their rig is still running.
I have 230K miles on my 7.3...runs better now than it did at 50K. I have not done anything other than oil change every 5000 miles and replaced the coolant a couple of times, thats it! Original transmission too, but I plan on a rebuild soon based on mileage. Oh, and the van has held up remarkably well with no problems other than a seat belt return spring and the seats are getting a little broke down support wise, but they still look good.
__________________

Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,582
Re: 2002 Sportsmoble E350 EB Quigely 4 x 4 $36,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_6L_E350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocsmb
I actually saw his ad on Expedition Portal 1st and have been emailing/calling back and forth the past day.

I've got reservations about the high miles.
Well, 291 million is a lot of miles on a van. But, if it all checked out ok, then good.

Mike
He said at 1-million miles it barely broke in.
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hollister, Ca
Posts: 60
Re: 2002 Sportsmoble E350 EB Quigely 4 x 4 $36,900

Quote:
Just noticed 7.4 in your sig. How'd u get an extra .1L ?
Ha-ha...I never noticed that typo, I'll fix that!
__________________
Robert Britton
2000 Chateau 7.3
Chinook 4x4
robtbritn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:17 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oroville, CA
Posts: 105
Re: 2002 Sportsmoble E350 EB Quigely 4 x 4 $36,900

I was on one of the Ford forums and guys were posting, who had the most miles on thir 7.3. There were a bunch with 300k plus a handful of guys in the 400 to 500k zone and one guy with 843,000 Miles, that made me fell good about my truck with 166,000 and my van with 175,000.

Congrats on the new rig.

And where is you first trip going to be to??

DAVEF
__________________
E350...7.3 PS 4x4 by Salem Kroger 4'' exhaust
FISHBREATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:48 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,582
Re: 2002 Sportsmoble E350 EB Quigely 4 x 4 $36,900

Thx davef. Makes me feel little better.

Just came back to So Cal from Colorado to pick up the SMB. runs like a champ. Did 1000 miles in 1 1/2 days.

Going camping near pt mogu this weekend.
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,582
Re: 2002 Sportsmoble E350 EB Quigely 4 x 4 $36,900

Pick up from Colorado to So. Cal was successful.

1st trip was Jalama Beach. SMB's are a very nice upgrade from a VW Eurovan Camper.

I added some pics to my gallery finally.
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
jage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Franktown, CO
Posts: 7,596
Re: 2002 Sportsmoble E350 EB Quigely 4 x 4 $36,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocsmb
I added some pics to my gallery finally.
Wow it wears it well for having so many millions of miles. Also recommend you always use the center support bar on the awning- keeps it from blowing back, folding up, and tearing off.
__________________
and then
everything changed
jage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #19
Site Team
 
Ford_6L_E350's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Washington - Ridgefield
Posts: 4,725
Re: 2002 Sportsmoble E350 EB Quigely 4 x 4 $36,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocsmb
I added some pics to my gallery finally.
Wow it wears it well for having so many millions of miles. Also recommend you always use the center support bar on the awning- keeps it from blowing back, folding up, and tearing off.
Jage, That is true when the awning legs are mounted to the van body. When the legs are on the ground it won't make any difference. Staking the legs to the ground will stop the awning from flying up.

Mike
__________________
SOLD04 EB350 Custom Floorplan
6.0 PSD 4.10 Posi
Salem Kroger coil spring 4wd
SMB Trailer w/AT Air Suspension
Alaska to Key West, Labrador and more
130685 miles 16.65 mpg average

Prostate cancer survivor. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11099
2015 VW GTI
Leaving CA for WA
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,582
Re: 2002 Sportsmoble E350 EB Quigely 4 x 4 $36,900

I did use that middle bar.

Luckily right before I went to bed we retracted the awning. Jalama gets really windy. I thought the gust was going to blow my pop top off that night.
__________________

Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.