Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2016, 01:10 PM   #1

1995 E350 7.3 4x4 Ambulance conversion $10,900

Not mine and no affiliation, but looks to be in good condition. You may have to be a member on ADVR to see the ad:

http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...3-4x4.1185903/

NEW PRICE $10,900 11/09/16 THINKING OF SELLING AGAIN. We have found something else we would like to try and thus this must go. Few more miles at 160K and a few more new parts. Seeing what interest is out there. The interior has changed some, now has space under the bed for two kayak's and two bikes at the same time. Sleep length wise instead. This winter I was planning on doing new injector o rings and glow plugs for a preventative measure.....Obviously I haven't done this yet but would be willing to include the parts to accomplish this if the buyer would like.

1995 Quigley 4x4 Van with the 7.3 powerstroke. Vehicle was built as an ambulance for West Virginia mountians but saw very little use, came to New England for a couple years as a back country ambulance but saw very little service. I bought it from a gentleman who worked for the Ambulance company as a driver and he did the conversion of the interior. Has a bed, fridge, microwave and some storage. Nothing fancy but very usable and we have had a great time with it. In the last year I have done some work to it. Only has 160K on it and 80k of those as an ambulance.

Has Dana 60 front and rear axles as far as I can tell with 4:10 gears. It does have a high idle function that works and is great for charging batteries or warming up in the winter. All the control panels are there as are the lights and sirens. They don't work and I don't know why. Something was obviously disconnected. Has a 1500w inverter as well.

Replaced or New:
Fuel pump
Fuel filter
Fuel filter flow sensor (says when its plugged)
CPS
IPR
New 215 amp Alternator
All new brake lines and hoses
New batteries (has two)
New quarter panels and rockers (had some surface rust and wanted to fix it before it became an issue)
Tires are like new
LED interior lights
GPR last winter
Front shocks
4x4 shift linkage (old ones freeze and snap)
I have always monitored SCA levels for the coolant and kept them in spec
Flushed tranny and installed a new filter

I recently used MODIS to to a buzz test on the injectors as well as a cylinder contribution test. Both pass with flying colors. Monitoring the HPOP duty cycle indicates the pump is still healthy as well as the pressures. If its not broke, don't fix it.

The transmission is a newer manufacture unit. I don't know much about it but I do know its a reman as that's what the tag says. The ABS light is on, has been since I bought it and never felt the need to look into it. Leaks a little oil from the oil cooler, its on my list of things to fix but pretty low on the list as it doesn't hardly drip. Engine burns no oil, I add MAYBE a quart between oil changes.

Obviously this is a 1995, its not perfect but its in decent shape and has served us well. Vehicle is located in New Hampshire and we are looking for $10,900 for a sale price.

Teutonics is offline   Reply With Quote