Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #1

1996 FORD E250 SMB FOR SALE

saw this rig posted on another forum and wanted to share the Craigslist ad

http://portland.craigslist.org/grg/cto/3246462797.html

windguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #2

Re: 1996 FORD E250 SMB FOR SALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by windguy
saw this rig posted on another forum and wanted to share the Craigslist ad

http://portland.craigslist.org/grg/cto/3246462797.html
If nothing else, just read the ad. It's pretty funny.
Dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #3

Yes, funny, and hopeful too. The pricing was just insane. Dude claims the original purchase price for more than a brand new E350EB cargovan, loaded to SMB prebuild specs costs today, and that rig is 17 years old... and wait there's more!

'Course, I feel like my van is worth more than market, also, but if you've been to 25 or more Phish, GD, WP shows, well, I might just give you a discount too... dang that ad is funny as all get out!
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #4

I saw that the other day and couldn't decide if it was funny or strange.

My Very Loaded 2008 V-10 E-350 EB cargo with almost everything you could get except back up sensors and a power drivers seat was only $34,945 on the window sticker.

Lets just say I think he is high. (and I will leave it at that)

But best offer by 9/9 is coming fast I wonder how much he might take if you were just a person looking at for a Sportsmobile. I have never been to any of those bands concerts or shows or any of the other things he would give a discount for, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn one time at band camp.

...Jamie
2004 F-350 Dana 60
Ultrasport12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #5

Jaime, I think you're missing the point. You're not buying the van, you're buying the van with all those concert memories (and assorted stains too). While I don't think anyone can put a price on those priceless memories he's made an attempt: $18,500.

(I saw the ad a couple of days ago and like you I was looking for missing features to help justify his asking price. I didn't see anything gold-plated, no 25mpg, no HO 5.4 with supercharger, no 6-sp Tremacs, no Alisons, no NV4500s, no full-floaters, etc. Just memories ..)

Ray
my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3kids
Jaime, I think you're missing the point. You're not buying the van, you're buying the van with all those concert memories (and assorted stains too). While I don't think anyone can put a price on those priceless memories he's made an attempt: $18,500.

(I saw the ad a couple of days ago and like you I was looking for missing features to help justify his asking price. I didn't see anything gold-plated, no 25mpg, no HO 5.4 with supercharger, no 6-sp Tremacs, no Alisons, no NV4500s, no full-floaters, etc. Just memories ..)

Ray
Thanks for the clarity again Ray, that's two in one day. I guess I am a even slower than unusual today. Now I understand the whole thing much, much better. I guess I did not understand the value of some of those things because I never did any of those things. I was like you just looking for something that made it worth what he was asking for it.

I wished I had known about the added values of memories in a van (or car) when I sold my old 1977 Chevy I had for over 28 years. I did all kinds of things with that van. I would still have money in the bank today if I could have put a price on that one. I guess I better buy it back and resell it again.

...Jamie
2004 F-350 Dana 60
Ultrasport12 is offline   Reply With Quote