Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2019, 02:51 PM   #11

The Traveler has an entertainment package (VCR and a drop down screen). I believe Redoval has a Traveler package with V10 which was only offered in the E350 model for 2 or 3 years.

Old 04-05-2019, 08:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
I second this. I've been following Chateaus for many years. There is just something about them I like. I've looked at hundreds. No EB Chateaus.

Now someone please link a cheap, rust free 98 V10 Chateau for me please. 2wd is fine. 92-98 Chateaus have the 4 cap'ns chairs with holes in the headrests. They are powered with lumbar. They are the best vehicle seats ever made. They are awesome. These vans are getting REALLY rare.

Close...

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/c...846447945.html
BUFFALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
The Traveler has an entertainment package (VCR and a drop down screen). I believe Redoval has a Traveler package with V10 which was only offered in the E350 model for 2 or 3 years.
Combed all of craigslist within 2,000 miles of the SF bay and yep, can confirm, nobody is selling an Econoline equipped with this 'traveler' pack on it..

FWIW I'd think chasing down a nice E-350 Chateau and adding a modern infotainment system to it might be more effective/yield better results than holding out for a 15-20 year old E-350 that might have the package.

And a bit of a tangential side-note, what is the plug-in looking thing behind the drivers chair that has an audio jack? Have one in my van, never used it and haven't a clue what it's for. Is it so that the single person behind the driver can plug in and listen to something, but nobody else can?

I realize I'm not being specific; I'll grab photos in the morning but it seems pretty common on clubwagon interiors.

Edit: And speaking of bizarre Econoline options... Anyone else ever see an econoline with keypad access on it? The only one I think I've ever seen with it is mine...
Old 04-06-2019, 07:15 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFFALO View Post
Close, geographically? Not to me, I'm in Tennessee. That's actually a pretty good one. An E150 might work for my idea since i'd pull the axles out of it and 4x it anyway. That is the interior I love. Of course, it's gonna have a 4r75 and might even have a 4.6l, both no bueno.

@Erik, yes, it's for rear headphones, and yes you are correct the entertainment center in the Traveler is far, far outdated.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Close, geographically? Not to me, I'm in Tennessee. That's actually a pretty good one. An E150 might work for my idea since i'd pull the axles out of it and 4x it anyway. That is the interior I love. Of course, it's gonna have a 4r75 and might even have a 4.6l, both no bueno.

@Erik, yes, it's for rear headphones, and yes you are correct the entertainment center in the Traveler is far, far outdated.

That just means it's prime for a Montana registration, a 12 valve and NV swap. I wouldn't touch it since it's got a sliding door, and I think some amount is taken away from a 4x4 Econoline when it's got a sliding door off a mini-van. (I think I've actually yet to hear anybody express praise for the sliding doors?).

There was a 2002 7.3L Chateau, 145K mi, 2x4 for sale near Cincinnati OH, $20K. At least from the photos that were taken, looked brand new (garaged) and very well taken care of... I'll see if I can find the ad.
Ad here: https://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto...851533248.html
And while I know you wouldn't touch this one with a ten foot pole...:
Its 6.0L, 4x4 2005 twin: https://waco.craigslist.org/cto/d/wo...858358399.html
The one directly above I bet will not last @ $18K.
Interesting that he describes it with an "Allison Auto"... Did Allison make the 5R110? I wasn't aware of that, if they did.

I'll have to try out the rear headphones... Not that I'd ever really use it, just more as a novelty of, "Wow, they work!".

Was reading through the owners manual and saw that the radio currently installed has speed-based volume control.... And my dad thought only his 996 911 had that feature... (Come to think of it, the sound system in the van as it sits is probably much nicer than what's in his Porsche, even without subs)
Old 04-06-2019, 02:58 PM   #16

Erik, you're hurting me. I'm on Searchtempest all the time but I've been trying to steer clear of it lately since my driveway has a tendency to fill up at the same time my wife's tolerance seems to, well, the opposite of fill up.

On the Ft. Wayne one, it's a gem and unfortunately he knows it.

On the 6.0, I think he's a bit misdirected. 2005 should be a 5r110.

On speed control volume, it's more popular than you may think. I've had a few vehicles with it in the last few years including my present work truck. I love that feature if it's calibrated conservatively.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Erik, you're hurting me. I'm on Searchtempest all the time but I've been trying to steer clear of it lately since my driveway has a tendency to fill up at the same time my wife's tolerance seems to, well, the opposite of fill up.
Sorry!

I figure i'm only doing myself a disservice by even bringing it up- I'm finding all kinds of deals to be had, but figure that people around here are going to start getting annoyed with me if I'm making a thread for each and every one of them that I've found... Maybe I should just cool it for a bit with the searchtempest before everyone else catches on and there are no more deals to be had...

Still looking for the mystical non-white 2009+ V10 EB w/ all power options + leather that doesn't cost an arm, a leg, and a kidney. It's like looking for a unicorn.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:58 PM   #18

EB with leather? You won't find that, in fact I've never even seen one. Easy fix though, find some leather seats from a Sienna or something and you're set. I found a couple of newer V10's for someone recently. What are your specifics other than that?