Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2014, 01:30 AM   #1

2000 Quigley Super Trak Van

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rvs/4775707966.html

Quigley 4x4 Class B High Top Camper Van - $32500

condition: good

2000 Quigley Super Trak Van odometer: 68004 VIN: 1GDGG25W5Y1155938 paint color : white drive : 4wd fuel : gas transmission : automatic cylinders : 6 cylinders

Up for sale is my 2000 Quigley 4x4 Super Trak Van with 68,XXX. Miles $32,500. OBO
I customized this van for extended off the grid adventure. Its capacity has enabled me to access and remain in very remote areas for weeks at a time. I can leave the camper knowing my equipment is secure, and come back to cold beer, and steaks for the grill. It's principally configured to serve as your larder/secure storage space, while you pitch camp beside it. It's has the 4.3L V6, which is better on gas, but with enough power to get you where you need to go. I bought it off a guy out west who used it for hunting, It had 35,000. miles on it then. The drive train works as it should. It starts up easy, shifts smooth, accelerates and brakes well, goes in and out of 4x4 with no problem. It will go 90mph down the highway if you want, and run all day long at 65-75. You get the best mileage at 55-65. I have never had to add any fluids, just change them at regular intervals. The body is not real straight, but it's solid, and there is no rust on it. The chassis is in very good condition with very minimal surface rust, here and there.

Here are the specs, and you can read more about it at the end.
Quigley 4x4 Super Trak Van
2000 GMC Savana 2500 Standard Cargo Van vin# 1GDGG25W5Y1155938
4.3 liter V6 Vortec /Automatic transmission with Overdrive
All the 4x4 components are Quigley, Dana or OEM parts. In any case, 4x4 parts can be ordered through Quigley, they have great customer service.
Dana 44 front axle 4.09 ratio with dual piston calipers and Warn manual locking Hubs
It's lifted, but not sure of the height
Beilstein front shocks, Rancho in the back
Eagle Alloy 16''aluminum wheels
Hankook Dynapro 10 ply all terrain tires LT 245 75 R16 (new oct 2014)
26 gal fuel
Custom built rhino lined front bumper with 2'' receiver
Custom built rear carrier/bumper with 2'' receiver
Voyager High Top with 6'0'' to 6'3'' headroom fitted with 26.5''W x 16'' H rear hatch
High Top is insulated, lined, and fitted with 4 x SS marine venting cowls, 2 with fans
6'1'' x 43'' bed area, with high quality 6'' Latex Twin mattress
Carefree of Colorado 10' enclosed awning (like new)
Awning track on drivers side with mesh sun shade (fits main awning too)
Solid Oak / veneered plywood cabinets, screwed and glued construction
solid Oak trim
Insulation Dow Styrofoam 1'' rigid insulation and Armstrong Armaflex
Interior linings and upholstery backing with Stabilit GRP panel
Armstrong vinyl tile flooring
Removable extruded aluminum security partition
40 Lbs. LP gas tank with quick disconnect line for exterior use
19.5 gal built in fresh water tank
Exterior shower
Shurflow 1.6 gpm diaphragm water pressure pump
Stainless steel sink/ 6' extension nozzle
Electrical
255 amp Hr. deep cycle AGM battery Lifeline (GPL 8DL) new in July 2012
3 x 80 watt Sharp solar panels (NE-80EJE)
Morningstar ProStar (PS30) Solar Controler
Samlex Automatic 3 stage Battery Charger (SEC-1215A)
400 watt inverter
Blue Sea Systems DC distribution
Wiring: 12awg jacketed Boat Cable used throughout
Interior 12v and 110v outlets
Exterior 12v socket
110 V 20 amp shore power
Alpine CD Stereo with 4 speakers ( sound is ok, CD works off and on)
Norcold refrigerator/freezer 3.6 cu. ft (DE 0041) 12v/110v
Hella Marine turbo fans x2
Hella Marine chart lights x 2
Thin-Lite Fluorescent lights x 2
Brushless ventilation fans x 2 ( in high top vents)
New Oct 2014: tires & alignment, master cylinder, brake flush, starter battery, platinum plugs, air & fuel filters, ignition wires, rotor & cap, oil and filter change
Windshield new in 2012
New Awgrip paint in 2012, (front half only, touched up back half)

About the van and the build.
I built this camper out like a yacht. I stripped out all the previous customization, except the propane tank. I then painted out the floor and lower panels and doors with Rustoleum. The ½'' plywood floor was sealed & painted, then secured down over an acoustic underlay. Next I insulated the interior with Dow 1'' rigid polystyrene foam, glued in with urethane adhesive. The ceiling got an extra ½'', and the panels around the bed are insulated with soft thick Armaflex marine insulation, crazy expensive. I then lined the interior of the high top, cabinets, and other areas with FRP panel, which adds to insulation quality and is easy to keep clean.
Many High Tops rust out where they are bedded down, so I took extra precautions and put this one down like a deck on a yacht. First I refinished the paint from the rain gutters up with epoxy primer and Imron topcoat. I then bedded the High Top down with 3M 5200 adhesive and SS screws.
The cabinets are a high quality, solid oak and veneered plywood construction, screwed and glued together with urethane adhesive. They have been built to fit the side walls, utilizing space, and are fitted with marine latches and heavy duty roller bearing slides.
I configured the interior to stow several boards, including long boards, but still enable you to move around comfortably. The High Top gives you 6'0'' of headroom at the front, and 6' 3'' at the back. It has a reinforced hatch with two deadbolts at the rear for getting the Longboards in, and it's great for ventilation as well. You can easily stow a 10'6'' longboard, maybe up to 11'0'' depending on the shape, and stack another 3-4 shorter boards on top. The bed in back is 6'1'' long, and 43'' at it widest. The mattress is a high quality 6'' thick Latex twin. I'm 6'1'' and I sleep fine back there when it's not hot, great when it's cold. The portability of the mattress works great for the tent, no cheesy air mattress.
Between the massive 255 Amp Hr. deep cycle battery, and 240 watts of panels, I have rarely had to plug in. It runs the fridge full time with power to spare, for lighting, fans, laptop, and more. I ran oversized cabling, for better efficiency, and the panels are mounted on hinges, so you can tilt them to be more efficient. The system works so good, I forget it's there.
The removable security partition is made of 4''x1'' extruded aluminum tubing, which slides into a heavy duty channel built into the top and bottom of the van body. The 7 sections store under the bed, and are quickly and easily slid into place. It's a very secure arrangement.
I finished up the project by giving the van a full Imron paint job. I repainted it again in 2012 with Awlgrip, when a new windshield went in. In the end, I only did the front half, and touched up the rest. The color match is not perfect. These are tough paints, they don't need waxing, they last years longer than anything else.
I have put over 30,000 miles on this vehicle in the aprox 10 years I have had it. I fitted it out in Florida, and then drove it down to the Pacific coast of Mexico for a surf adventure. I used it off and on down there for a couple years, then drove it back up to Colorado, where it sat in a barn for several years. I started using it again in 2012, exploring around the Rockies in the summers, and then drove it back down to Florida in October. The V6 does not have the power of the V8, but it's gotten me wherever I wanted to go, from Mexico's remote pacific coast, to the steepest rocky mountain passes. For me, the compromise in power, is a good trade for the extra gas mileage.
You can follow this link to more photos
http://s36.photobucket.com/user/camperv ... C%20Savana[img]
Attached Thumbnails
00H0H_dpDsd8VvaDF_600x450.jpg  

pui205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:48 AM   #2

Re: 2000 Quigley Super Trak Van

Neat build, good luck with sale.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote