Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2014, 12:12 AM   #1

2001 Sportsmobile Ford Hi Top vancamper.$7995.00

http://asheville.craigslist.org/rvs/4778548951.html I just found this on the Knoxville Tn . area Craigslist and thought I would share

Old 12-19-2014, 07:21 AM   #2

Re: 2001 Sportsmobile Ford Hi Top vancamper.$7995.00

That interior looks great for high miles.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:13 AM   #3

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

It has been for sale for some time now - high miles must be keeping the buyers away, but other than that it looks like a nice van.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:53 AM   #4

did you post this to motivate me further to buy that 4x4 van on craigslist??lol--ive been thinkin about buying the one for 4500 with the diesel engine alreadyand now i see this price and this isnt 4x4!!wish this one was 4x4 and diesel as it would be more than worth it!!when i first saw this post i was excited until i saw it was 2wd and a gasser...still thinking here!!nice lookin van though if you arent planning on off-road or snow!!thanks for posting--i need to keep thinkin about this before i jump--i have enough vehicles!!
pontorelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #5

4x4 is way easier to add than rust is to remove.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #6

yeah maybe your right but from what the guy in the other topic was sayin about adding 5k to the value of your rig just having the diesel??i think im gonna just do a body swap-i found one down the street from me for 1200 and the guy said he will sell it for less--said bring me green backs and well talk!!so im closer to a decision but it is still a big job.luckily im out where i can work on it a little at a time and not have to worry about the bored azz police knockin and writing tickets!!the donor body has the 302 and starts right up and already has a bed built in to it so that makes me feel better about taking the 4x4 body out and ruining a good camper!!interior is reaal nice for a 93 e150.no rust at all and body s straight all around--the more i talk the more i realise it is most likely meant to be...with that body on that 4x4 diesel beast of a van --ill be in it for around 5500-6000 and i will have a real nice ride!!that powerstroke will go 1million miles as long as it is maintained properly--im looking into upgrading my injectors and replcing the inj harnesses and the glowplugs/harnesses while the body is off...i can upgrade injectors and get a 6 position chip all for 1500 from swamps diesels--that would put me around 7500 cash invested including body mounts and all the parts...im feeling like that is reasonable from what ive seen for sale out there---not too many 7.3 sportsmobiles for sale out there---most are gassers and usually the diesel ones are the junk 6.0 powerstrokes---and they are usually around 40k so ive been doing alot of researching here today!!project x is on the way to starting as long as nobody buys that diesel van before i can get out there!!thanks for all the input guys!!
pontorelli is offline   Reply With Quote