Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2018, 07:02 PM   #11

This is a Sportsmobile and has a SMB build sheet. I was the previous owner and sold it almost a year ago. It is a super clean van!!!!

PBR Overall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:58 AM   #12

What about it is SMB? I see nothing but a stock Quigley Chateau/Traveler. It's sweet but I see nothing SMB. I'm genuinely curious.

Quick rant, "Great vehicle to take to Burning Man!" Huh? Why do people do this? It's a great vehicle to take anywhere. I don't get the references to Burning Man. I've got no issue with Burning Man at all but why not say "It's a great vehicle to take to your proctologist appointment"???? It's just a damn van. A parade float shaped like a human skull, now that's the kind of thing to say it's a great vehicle to take to Burning Man. Sheesh.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
What about it is SMB? I see nothing but a stock Quigley Chateau/Traveler.

Quick rant, "Great vehicle to take to Burning Man!" Huh? Why do people do this? It's a great vehicle to take anywhere. I don't get the references to Burning Man. I've got no issue with Burning Man at all but why not say "It's a great vehicle to take to your proctologist appointment"???? It's just a damn van. A parade float shaped like a human skull, now that's the kind of thing to say it's a great vehicle to take to Burning Man. Sheesh.
Burning Man is the last place I would take my van, or for that matter my truck either.
FVShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
What about it is SMB? I see nothing but a stock Quigley Chateau/Traveler. It's sweet but I see nothing SMB. I'm genuinely curious.
4x4. Probably Quigley, since I think SMB didn't do their own 4x4 work until 2003?

Looks like it may have higher rated front spring vs a regular quigley (or maybe it did have the RIP package done). Could it maybe have the 46 gal TF too?
Old 06-14-2018, 04:08 PM   #15

It doesn't have the full RIP kit but it does have Moog springs, Agile Fox shocks and sway bar drop.

SMB did the Quigley conversion when the van was new back in 2002/3. That is what was on the buildsheet.
PBR Overall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBR Overall View Post
It doesn't have the full RIP kit but it does have Moog springs, Agile Fox shocks and sway bar drop.

SMB did the Quigley conversion when the van was new back in 2002/3. That is what was on the buildsheet.
SMB didn’t do Quigley conversions..
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
SMB didn’t do Quigley conversions..
They sold them, and marketed it as their own.