Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2014, 08:50 AM   #1

2003 4x4 SMB with 37k for $56.5k

http://www.sportsmobile.com/preowns/307

This is pretty much what I'm after - V10, 50 model, I like the clean look without all the Aluminess parts, 4x4, and lift kit. Looks clean. What's the consensus on the price? Seems pretty fair to me.

Thanks,

Tim

bongcrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #2

Re: 2003 4x4 SMB with 37k for $56.5k

Tim,

Looks nice, but I know you could get a 7.3 PSD with bumpers, tires and wheels for probably 10K less.
The PSD may not be what you want, but in my opinion, vehicle you are considering is priced high.
blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:10 PM   #3

If you have to ask the question about price, you probably already know the answer.... Just compare to "Moby" that was for sale a month or so ago (7 years newer, still under warranty, nice wheels, etc) and was priced at 49k. Based on what I've seen for sale over the past couple of months, I wouldn't consider this a "deal". But then again, if it is what you want go for it. Not thinking there is much room in the way of negotiation on the buyer's side as I believe this is the same van they listed last week on Craigslist for $62k.... Kinda wonder when the interior conversion was done and if it is fairly new as well (just based on some of the prior posts by the owner).

My 2cents - if you have a differing opinion I would like to hear it.
georigajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by georigajim
Just compare to "Moby" that was for sale a month or so ago (7 years newer, still under warranty, nice wheels, etc) and was priced at 49k.
I'd say that was a particularly good, and very rare, deal.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #5

Quote:
If you have to ask the question about price, you probably already know the answer....

I definitely don't know the answer, that's why I'm asking it here. I know this community has way more knowledge on these vehicles than I ever will, so I come here for advice.

To me the price seems in line with the market but then again I've only been seriously looking for about six months now. I talked to a couple a while back and it took them 18 months before they found the vehicle that fit their needs.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongcrosby
I definitely don't know the answer, that's why I'm asking it here. I know this community has way more knowledge on these vehicles than I ever will, so I come here for advice.
My 2 cents. I would say that price is a little high without bumpers, but not crazy.

I'd contact them, see if they're willing to move. Can't hurt to ask. It does look like a nice van.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:40 PM   #7

With these SMB's it seems that what people's opinion of what they're worth depends on whether the layout/setup is what they're looking for. Sometimes there are a lot of SMB's for sale and other times you can barely find a couple of them. If you are looking for something specific (EB with V10, 4x4, 50 layout) and there's only one listed for sale and you are wanting to leave on a trip soon, you might have to pay whatever the seller is asking. You might get lucky and find one that is actually reasonably priced, or you might be stuck in a position where the asking price is much higher than the last one you saw for sale. If you're open to layouts/body type/engines/etc, you can usually find a decent deal between all the models, but if you are only looking for a specific layout/etc, you might have to wait a while to find a "deal" or again, you might get lucky and find "the one" for a price you are comfortable with.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongcrosby
Quote:
If you have to ask the question about price, you probably already know the answer....

To me the price seems in line with the market but then again I've only been seriously looking for about six months now. I talked to a couple a while back and it took them 18 months before they found the vehicle that fit their needs.
It "seems" to me that used SMBs either are priced right and sell immediately or it takes them a while to sell. My comment was more meant that if it was priced to your liking you would have pulled the trigger already (i.e. see ad, buy it). If it is what you are looking for I don't think anyone would call you crazy for paying 56.5k. Some may think it's a bit high, but it isn't as if there are multiple ones to choose from. If my memory serves me, the 4x4 conversion is Advanced 4wd.

Again, my 2cents. Been researching SMB used pricing for about the same time you have.... When (if) I find what I want, I have no problem paying a couple (or 5 lol) of grand more than I think I could immediately sell if for (why? because it is what I want and I can't go around the corner to buy another one).
georigajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #9

The ad says its a 2014 4x4 conversion (I think) .... Makes the price seem a little more worth it but I would clarify that with the seller. Happy hunting !

I consider myself a half-assed perfectionist
Stillvanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillvanin
The ad says its a 2014 4x4 conversion (I think) .... Makes the price seem a little more worth it but I would clarify that with the seller. Happy hunting !
I've talked to the owner several times. It was a 2014 conversion done by Advanced in SLC.