Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2016, 12:07 PM   #11

One thing i notice is a sparkling custom van in a disorganized lot surrounded by possible junkers. Hmmm, looks photo-shoppy to me... again, too good to be true.

Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:37 PM   #12

have been texting with the owner since yesterday - got VIN and all seemed good beside minor mileage discrepancy. but alas it was just sold.

great price - bummer I missed it.
atillathedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:46 PM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by atillathedan View Post
have been texting with the owner since yesterday - got VIN and all seemed good beside minor mileage discrepancy. but alas it was just sold.

Me too --- he was out to dinner last night and didn't want to talk about the van until today...and he let me know a short while ago (today) that apparently someone showed up on his doorstep at 8am and bought it from him. Man a good van sells fast!

(In truth...the lack of onboard propane would have probably deterred me from buying this one....but maybe not, wow it looked fresh/clean/sharp in that (admittedly-limited) set of photos!)

I'm kinda bummed just not to have been able to learn more about its technical particulars (Which gas motor? Who installed the 4WD? More pics of that seemingly-unconventional interior layout?)

Congrats to the new owner....just hope it isn't a dealer who will end up flipping it.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atillathedan View Post

Mileage discrepancy you say? By how much?
it all sounded SO vague, and to that I say, ..."Yeah, Maybe"
~call me dubious~
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 01:05 PM   #15

The car history report I pulled said 18,000 at registration last september but that is a pretty round number
Mike T - engine info below

Trim: E-350 Super Duty
Style/Body: CARGO VAN
Engine: 6.8L V10 SOHC 20V
Made In: UNITED STATES
Vehicle Age: 7 year(s)
Old 08-20-2016, 01:49 PM   #16

Garage
One thing that's kinda weird (from what I experienced) is that the seller had no idea what engine was in it. No answers to any technical questions whatsoever.

Perhaps (if it turns out to have been a legit sale) this was someone who was simply liquidating (or re-selling) something for/from an estate. And who had only the most general of ideas what they were selling. Hence, not a dyed-in-the-wool SMB person, perhaps someone that had never owned/used it personally.

Will be interesting to see if it pops up again (no pun intended) for sale from another venue in the next couple weeks/months.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer View Post
Me too --- he was out to dinner last night and didn't want to talk about the van until today...and he let me know a short while ago (today) that apparently someone showed up on his doorstep at 8am and bought it from him. Man a good van sells fast!

(In truth...the lack of onboard propane would have probably deterred me from buying this one....but maybe not, wow it looked fresh/clean/sharp in that (admittedly-limited) set of photos!)

I'm kinda bummed just not to have been able to learn more about its technical particulars (Which gas motor? Who installed the 4WD? More pics of that seemingly-unconventional interior layout?)

Congrats to the new owner....just hope it isn't a dealer who will end up flipping it.
weird he told me that someone bought it from his sister and I was texting him after 8am.