Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2018, 09:48 PM   #1
MSD

Garage
4x4 E350 not a quigley

No affiliation

I've talked to the guy several times and he's bought some lights and mirrors from me… nice guy but his add is horrible and he comes across like an ass.

He keeps jumping from $18k to $20K but really it worth about $16k

https://rockies.craigslist.org/cto/d...494238156.html

Low miles on this rig at just over 70K

Maybe someone who's in the market can talk some sense into him and get it for what it's worth, but maybe he'll just think your a whiner or little boy .
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 9.42.24 PM.jpg  

1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:03 PM   #2

Garage
Wow....that is one hell of a suspension lift.....
....what is that....10 inches?!?

With those small wheels/tires and that narrow track width?

Taking a corner at any moderate rate of speed in that thing must be positively terrifying.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:20 PM   #3

Garage
Thats a horrible ad. Does he really want to sell it?

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:42 PM   #4

Wow on the wording of that ad. Does anyone have some testosterone I can shoot up with to prepare myself to properly reply?

OTOH I have sold a car on CL and kind of understand what led to this phrasing. It's still not really OK, but I can see how they got there.

Also, what does "No pw pl" stand for?

As for the how that thing might handle, likely better than the same lift with larger tires which would make it look more like one might expect a big van to look. As long as the alignment geometry was kept in mind while doing this, it may well be totally fine. Or it could be a complete mess, but I don't think we can tell from just the picture.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:48 AM   #5

No power windows or power locks, which typically means no cruise control either. Who needs any of that?

Wording of ad is acceptable in this day and age of no filters or common courtesy, complete with misleading title of Quigley which is then marked ?? in the body. Obviously must handle well running over snowflakes with the Quigley? 4wd. Show the $20k cash and you can test drive, hmmmm.

We will be in Aspen in a couple of weeks, I am pretty sure it will still. Be for sale, maybe I will give him a call.

(Heavily sarcastic just having a moment)
Old 02-19-2018, 06:55 AM   #6

No options, crappy paint job, one picture and a seller who thinks he can talk sense into the average Craigslist shopper. Good luck with all that.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:28 AM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScience View Post
As for the how that thing might handle, likely better than the same lift with larger tires which would make it look more like one might expect a big van to look. As long as the alignment geometry was kept in mind while doing this, it may well be totally fine. Or it could be a complete mess, but I don't think we can tell from just the picture.
Yeah those are some fair points.
Definitely making some somewhat unsubstantiated assumptions.

However --
Earlier versions of this guy's CL ad showed a number of other pictures, among them a couple front views that showed it having a rather narrow-looking track-width / stance. Looked pretty tippy/scary to drive to me. (But in additional fairness however, I must admit that I've never personally driven a straight-front-axle EB 4x4 with ten inches of lift on tiny tires, haha.... )

At the end of the day, I suppose that all of this talk of it tipping over is moot, however....as:

1) The guy who is selling it apparently knows how to drive it without tipping it over, so no danger there

and

2) With his current "unique" selling tone/strategy, **nobody else will ever buy it (or drive it)**....so again - no danger there

Honestly though:
There must have been a long string of horrible potential buyers that contacted this guy before now. His ad copy is spectacular in its vernacular and rancor.....seriously seems like he could use a big hug.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:24 AM   #8

I always say, Craigslist giveth and Craigslist taketh away... In my experience, it's mostly been a huge pain to deal with tire kickers from Craigslist when selling a vehicle but it is a quick way to get rid of junk or scrap metal. Put something up there for free and watch all the vultures come out to scavenge.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:05 PM   #9

I believe this is a Advance 4wd SLC conversion as evidenced by leafs up front...it probably has a Dana 44 in the front.
lazybummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:59 PM   #10

Always thought this was a scam listing since he had it listed on every f'in Craigslist there was
bigdood is offline   Reply With Quote