Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2019, 12:21 AM   #1

'85 Ford Econoline E350 Quadravan, 32k miles, $1500

Your thoughts please? Located where we live: Juneau, Alaska. Intrigued, curious and tempted to waste $1500. Err, invest $1500....https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...5716448540045/

Sueinjuneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 02:49 AM   #2

I would buy $50 worth of Lotto tickets for each of the next 30 drawings.
Old 12-29-2019, 06:03 AM   #3

I’m sure you could get $1500 worth of fun out of that! And only 37k miles? Wow. With that bright yellow I’m guessing it was a company or utility van of some type. Cool. Put it on the barge to SEA and 10x your investment on resale! :-)
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:07 AM   #4

Lol! The odometer pic shows 3,737.5, the ad copy reads 37,405 miles driven. I think they do not know how to read the odometer. They probably pushed it three miles to the shop after the picture was taken. Now they are spending $650 on ??? and why ??? So the odometer now reads 3,740.5. Looks like it has been around the clock a few times.

An aside - The QuadraVans were always a dream for me. The thought of having one of tgeeeciz one of the things that sparked my fascination w 4x4 vans. A cherry rig would be interesting to have.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:09 AM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueinjuneau View Post
Your thoughts please? Located where we live: Juneau, Alaska. Intrigued, curious and tempted to waste $1500. Err, invest $1500....
Don't see ANY potential "investment" in this one... You're bound to get more back with the Lotto suggestion.
Old 12-29-2019, 03:37 PM   #6

I had an 84 Quadvan with a 460. 351 was a better motor overall, unless you like pouring money into the fuel tank (at a rapid rate) for not much more performance. All the OBS Ford vans are bad for rusting out. Looking at the pics this one is well on it's way to rust heaven. The pathfinder conversion only has about 2-1/2" of travel in the front. I never had death wobble with mine but it didn't ride very well at all. The C6 tranny is pretty tough but only 3 speeds for a big van is not ideal.

I would imagine the specialty parts for this conversion are next to impossible to find (trac bar bushings)

While I to lusted after these vans back in the day, after I had one for awhile I knew there had to be better 4x4 options out there.
I would shy away from this gem. There's no deal here, just future headaches.
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:04 PM   #7

I love all your responses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueinjuneau View Post
Your thoughts please? Located where we live: Juneau, Alaska. Intrigued, curious and tempted to waste $1500. Err, invest $1500....https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...5716448540045/
Haha! Thanks for ending this nightmare before it began. Will stock with Harriet the Campervan for now. And for a long, long time!
Sueinjuneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:06 PM   #8

Yes sir! Gotta love the dual trac bar setup! Who engineered that Bozzo, or the Master Cylinder?? Too far gone at any price. Upgrades would cost more than starting fresh!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:47 PM   #9

If you need a beater while you build out your other van, I'd offer $500 if it runs well and the suspension wasn't completely rusted out. There is always a demand for beaters in Juneau in the summer. I wouldn't trust it though to go further than from Downtown to the valley, but if you need a beater, it might last a winter. Having said that, it's probably rusted beyond any possible salvage and may need extensive mechanical repairs.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote