Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2019, 09:17 AM   #1

87 SMB in NJ on CL $8k

Not mine. If someone was *seriously* interested in this I might be able to take a look at it for you. It's about 35 mins away from me. Looks like interior is redone. California tags in some of the photos, NJ in others. $8,000

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/r...025878097.html

From the ad:

Ford Econoline 87 5.0 v8 campervan made by sportsmobile. The van is in excellent mechanical condition. Brand new tires and exhaust system. Heat and air condition both operate properly. CD player and aux capable radio works well. All power locks and windows function as they should. The body is in good shape no dents or rust.
The pop top penthouse sleeps two very comfortably and offers plenty of space. The couch folds into a bed for more sleeping space. Both captains chairs spin around fully and has an adjustable height table. It has an awning for quick and easy shade. Has nice counter space and storage. This rig has a complete solar powered system (panel, inverter, battery) this allows for power to the refrigerator and outlets even when you are not plugged into power. There are two 6 gallon portable water jugs that supply water to the sink and a city water hookup. There is also a propane tank that powers the stove top burners (currently empty).

These sportsmobiles are very rare fun vehicles similar to the vw bus but mechanically way more reliable(plus any mechanic can fix an econoline)and offer more space and horsepower. They offer similar benefits to an RV but it will fit in a normal parking spot and can be stored in a garage to stay out of the elements. It is also easy to drive so you’ll find you’ll use it more then an rv. This model does not have a bathroom but this makes it easier to manage. You’ll never have smells, leaks, or worry about dumping tanks.
Thanks for looking let me know if want to check her out.
Attached Thumbnails
00f0f_R6OP0TBvlv_1200x900.jpg   00j0j_aR2bDRvh3CM_1200x900.jpg  

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #2
Site Team

Looks like a nice, clean older rig without a lot of miles. I bet someone could pick it up for $7K (or less).

Herb