Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2019, 12:32 AM   #1

97 E350 EB Quigley with 7.3

Saw this on CL. Not much info in the ad and it seems to be located in BFE but the price seems right if everything checks out.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...894505058.html

Old 05-24-2019, 09:43 AM   #2

Somebody needs to get there fast. That looks like a great deal.

Jin, the best things in life are in BFE, including me....as often as possible.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:30 PM   #3
Site Team

Pass, it's only a 7.2L diesel.

Herb
Old 05-24-2019, 09:04 PM   #4

Anyone else bothered that it's an F350??

I would be interested, but 220K and a clueless owner aren't encouraging. Maybe I'll ask if there's room for Quigley Nr. 2 in the driveway instead of K1300S Nr. 2 in the garage

I guess in hindsight, $16K for a 220K mi, clean, smog-exempt Quigley compared to that S&K one down in SD for $20K w/ 315+K mi does make this quite the deal.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Pass, it's only a 7.2L diesel.

Herb
I thought the same. How weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroading_is_Fun View Post
Anyone else bothered that it's an F350??

I would be interested, but 220K and a clueless owner aren't encouraging.
Not at all bothered. There's a difference between being clueless and not being able to type/list on the internet. So many people can't seem to get engine sizes and models correct. The seller has done many of us a favor by mislisting since so many people just search using F350/E350 or 7.3l to narrow searches. Mislistings can be a great benefit to people looking hard for something, though it is still kind of a pet peeve of mine.

The van looks clean and well kept.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 11:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
I thought the same. How weak.

Not at all bothered. There's a difference between being clueless and not being able to type/list on the internet. So many people can't seem to get engine sizes and models correct. The seller has done many of us a favor by mislisting since so many people just search using F350/E350 or 7.3l to narrow searches. Mislistings can be a great benefit to people looking hard for something, though it is still kind of a pet peeve of mine.

^^^^Agreed. The diligent searchers benefit from listings like this. Things not mentioned in the ad are the aluminess steps, rear pop out windows and a rear step bumper.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:57 PM   #7

Quote:

You'd kinda hope that the seller would realize what it is that makes it valuable (Diesel, Smog-Exempt, uncommon 4x4, paint seems in relatively good shape (And, it isn't white!), and it's a blank canvas for a camper van) and be able to advertise said detail eloquently.

No, it isn't a big deal, but when it's +$5K because "I got the 7.3", I would think they'd try and milk that for all its worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
The diligent searchers benefit from listings like this. Things not mentioned in the ad are the aluminess steps, rear pop out windows and a rear step bumper.
Rear drivers side window looked shattered from the single inside picture (As well as not being a pop-out), and the owner seemed more inclined to show what his house/yard looked like than the van. Perhaps that last bit was a bit harsh, but if the van can't be driven to an empty parking lot for clear photos I'm concerned.

It's the 21st century. There's no excuse for not having, or not being able to borrow a half way decent camera. Even if low-res, they should be in-focus, depicting something important, taken mid day and not in the shadows.

Title: Should accurately describe what's being sold.

Photos: In clear view, should show front, both sides, rear, and top of the vehicle. If there is rust or scratches/dings, photos of those as well. There should be a picture of the drivers seat, the instrument cluster (For those who put "100" instead of "100,000"), and a photo looking through the van.

Description: Should contain which owner the seller is, if the seller ISN'T the first owner, should tell when and how many miles the vehicle was acquired with and from whom (Private individual/company/auction), what the vehicle was used for, past maintenance (with dates and mileage), and perhaps most importantly, why the vehicle is being sold.

I'd probably also include what the title actually was (For all the people who list a vehicle as 'clean' to avoid being filtered out), and if the vehicle is from out of state, from where.

If people can't manage half that, I have to wonder how badly they actually want to sell it. Just like the guy who's parting out a '14 Econoline clubwagon in Sacramento who had shitty photos on craigslist, I texted telling him specifically what I wanted, asked if he had them (And if so, if I could have photos to see what exact condition they were in before driving a 300 mile round trip to get them), and his response several days later was, "Yes".
Old 05-26-2019, 08:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Mislistings can be a great benefit to people looking hard for something, though it is still kind of a pet peeve of mine..
True story. I found my 2001 GTRV listed under "garage sales", with just one photo, a one line description and a price. I saw that, and jumped in my car a couple hours later, drove 4 hours and bought it on the spot for a steal of a deal.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote