Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2019, 09:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
Ya, you gotta watch out for them pigs wearin’ lipstick....she might look like a good time, but will leave you stranded far out in the woods wishing you hadn’t picked her up in the first place......
She was a 2 at 10 pm...but was a 10 at 2am...

palsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:46 PM   #12

I'm actually not sure that it is, at least based on the pictures of the 4x4 conversion.

Generally their conversions used F-series rear axles and did not modify the shock mounts. (I have modified mine since then, and yes, it's a little better, but not nearly as big a deal as the Agile valved shocks were. I'd be surprised if they had started doing that.)

FWIW, I'm still driving mine, and I've been pretty open about my experience, so feel free to search my posts. None of their fabrication has failed in any way on my van, and I've broken stock Ford parts. I have yet to see pictures of one that's failed (PM me if you have any, I'm willing to respect requests for privacy). Most of the stuff that wasn't quite OK was in fact pointed out to me by them, but not in the clearest of terms.

I'm way more upset with a certain tire manufacturer than I am with them (again, search my posts if you care).

Their vans may or may not be a good choice for a well educated buyer that understands that they are buying a budget conversion of a high mileage van that's been given a good cleaning. They are not a good choice for folks that do not understand what that implies.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:57 AM   #13

My buddy bought a Javier van about 4 years years ago. As he was deciding what to buy, the shiny Javier van seemed like a good deal. 2003 4WD 7.3 Diesel E350 with a 6" lift on 37's. The attached picture is his Javier van and my Vanagon right after he bought it.

Most immediate problem was a dry transfer case upon delivery. Lots of little things. One of the seat belts was two seat belt ends with the webbing spliced together using 1/4-20 bolts. It had mismatched door locks. No two doors unlocked with the same key. I don't remember all the issues he addressed but it was many.

Overall it was a high mileage van with lots of wear, poorly done modifications, but a shiny paint job. EVERYTHING done, including that paint, really needed to be redone.

It scared him so much towing a trailer he immediately shipped it to Ujoint Offroad to have them put their leaf spring/axle kit on it. Currently he has replaced everything Javier installed except the front bumper and the paint, and the paint is discolored and cracking now so it will be soon.

He would have spent far less money buying a stock low mileage van and having Ujoint do it in the first place.
Attached Thumbnails
2015-03-01 12.21.10.jpg  

2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 6.0
shadetreevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:11 AM   #14

Lots of Javier van fail stories with a quick google. The conversions are borderline criminal from a safety standpoint.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:15 AM   #15

>>None of their fabrication has failed in any way on my van, and I've broken stock Ford parts. I have yet to see pictures of one that's failed...

One example below, and many more on Ujoint's Facebook page. I wouldn't trust Javier's work. He preys on #vanlife newbies who don't do research before buying and are impressed by a shiny Tijuana paint job.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ail-17498.html
BeastGTRV is offline   Reply With Quote