Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #1

Aluminess rear bumper

http://redding.craigslist.org/cto/2655470364.html

Old 10-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
NRL

Send a message via Yahoo to NRL
Re: Aluminess rear bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4tour
http://redding.craigslist.org/cto/2655470364.html
Thanks,
Been looking for that config for awhile.
Going to pick it up next weekend. It's a spare.

The Seller is on here, nice rig, nice guy: KarlPaula
gallery/album.php?album_id=481
Warn12kWinch,FFloater,LSlip,Pwtrx Locker 4.10 305x70x16 ToyoMTs,Eagle Alloys,Stove,4CF Ppane Fridge, Air CompTank,Supersprings, Bilstein Shocks,Deavers,CastIron Diff Case, Bullet Proof ReBuilt Transmission, Tubulator DeRale Trans Pan Cover, SSExhaust, KyoceraSolar, Tripplite UPS, 8D AGM, TivoHD, 24in HDLED
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
2005 AMG CL65 691hp 875tq
NRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #3

I purchased this bumper and will be going to pick it up in a week.

2004 QuadVan E350 V8 Chateau
bighodad808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
NRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighodad808
I purchased this bumper and will be going to pick it up in a week.
I had called first and he had promised it was mine. Said he's daughter had it at her place.
Well, long story short, I got over bid I guess, even though I was first in line, and was ready to give what he was asking for the bumper.

We had arranged for me to pick it up that weekend. We even agreed to meet half way in Los Banos and I even made a special camping diversion towards that area. As I was heading up North with cash in hand, he called and said that if I'd be ok if He had his son-in-law ship it instead, I said it ok since I was halfway to Los Banos,Ca from Bakersfield,ca.
After the weekend, I never got a call, then another week went by and I called, and then he tells me that it was sold for more then the asking price $1600 versus $950 and someone from Washington state drove down and picked it up? I'm like wtf? He said his daughter sold it for more and gave him the money for his Birthday.
The story falls apart since he said someone already drove down from Washington and picked it up.

I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in his stories, but I felt *hafted.. and a big waste of time.
Warn12kWinch,FFloater,LSlip,Pwtrx Locker 4.10 305x70x16 ToyoMTs,Eagle Alloys,Stove,4CF Ppane Fridge, Air CompTank,Supersprings, Bilstein Shocks,Deavers,CastIron Diff Case, Bullet Proof ReBuilt Transmission, Tubulator DeRale Trans Pan Cover, SSExhaust, KyoceraSolar, Tripplite UPS, 8D AGM, TivoHD, 24in HDLED
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
Old 12-07-2011, 08:04 AM   #5

Might be worth a call just to have some fun with the guy.
webbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #6

NRL,

They actually did mention you during our dealings. When I told him that I would be able to pick the bumper up in Redding on my way home from my upcoming trip to Utah, he seemed relieved that he wouldn't have to drive down to Los Banos to sell the bumper. There was no mention that he had already promised the bumper to you or that you were already en route to make the transaction. They did not say anything about selling it to anyone from Washington or getting $1650 for it although he did ask me to pay $1000.00 for it which I agreed to. Figured at $1K the bumper was still a great deal. I'll be leaving on my trip soon and hopefully will get to pick the bumper up in Redding as opposed to filing a police report.

It's strange though. I pride myself at being very good at sniffing out shady characters and B.S.ers...kind of like a 6th sense for me and I never got the feeling that they were dishonest people. I spoke with both the seller and his daughter and they really did seem like very nice people. Even offered to help me install the bumper at the time of pick-up. At any rate, I'll keep you appraised of how things go.

Thanks,

Bill

2004 QuadVan E350 V8 Chateau
bighodad808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #7
Site Team

I do notice the Craigslist ad is still up...
Old 12-07-2011, 11:13 AM   #8

This happens to me on craigslist stuff all the time....

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #9
NRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighodad808
NRL,

They actually did mention you during our dealings. When I told him that I would be able to pick the bumper up in Redding on my way home from my upcoming trip to Utah, he seemed relieved that he wouldn't have to drive down to Los Banos to sell the bumper. There was no mention that he had already promised the bumper to you or that you were already en route to make the transaction. They did not say anything about selling it to anyone from Washington or getting $1650 for it although he did ask me to pay $1000.00 for it which I agreed to. Figured at $1K the bumper was still a great deal. I'll be leaving on my trip soon and hopefully will get to pick the bumper up in Redding as opposed to filing a police report.

It's strange though. I pride myself at being very good at sniffing out shady characters and B.S.ers...kind of like a 6th sense for me and I never got the feeling that they were dishonest people. I spoke with both the seller and his daughter and they really did seem like very nice people. Even offered to help me install the bumper at the time of pick-up. At any rate, I'll keep you appraised of how things go.

Thanks,

Bill
Yes, he was a nice guy to talk too. Overall I think he just wanted someone to drop by to pick up the bumper where he was located. What gets me is his call to me while I was traveling up north to meet him and his suggestion of having it shipped instead. I agreed to pay for all the shipping. I guess he was just too lazy to get that done or couldn't get his Son-in-law / daughter to follow through or his daughter and him were talking to two different potential buyers at the same time.

He also offered to put the bumper on, on the spot.

Oh well, I chalk it up to a bad experience via Craigs List. I've actually have gotten some great finds and deals on Craigs List..

Hopefully all will be well..
I'll probably end up having Aluminess design a custom bumper to make sure my enduro still fits (two hitches instead of one).
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
Old 12-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #10

That's ridiculous. I would be ripping some serious ash, if I dealt with that guy and he screwed me out of time, money and gas...