Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2019, 03:12 PM   #1

Another what's it worth

I've looked at this van on and off for a month, It's close to what I want to build off of, I've taken into account the body damage, and I'm aware of the 6.0 issues, I'm thinking maybe 11.5k tops, what do you think?
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...804139151.html

FVShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:35 PM   #2

6.0's are tough to value in my opinion.

For reference, my brother got a 2003 7.3 with about that many miles for i think 13/14k.

This has a better interior which you may or not make use of. I think you are close with the 11.5k, but with how much you would want to put into it to bulletproof it, I would want it much lower.
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
6.0's are tough to value in my opinion.

For reference, my brother got a 2003 7.3 with about that many miles for i think 13/14k.

This has a better interior which you may or not make use of. I think you are close with the 11.5k, but with how much you would want to put into it to bulletproof it, I would want it much lower.
Not that I would want to, I could do the bullet proofing, I just did a cracked head job on one of these, but it was in a truck, everybody would rather have a 7.3, including me, but they're getting hard to find in a cargo van configuration, I only want a minimal build, and could use whats there, with the hope of an Agile conversion down the road, a gasser would be OK, but they're hard to find too, not beat to a pulp, I'm thinking about this one, but in the end I might pass.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:15 PM   #4

I would offer a price that you would be comfortable paying. Maybe $10k and see what they say. It's been posted for a month already, so the guy must have some indication that his price is too high. I like the interior as its not completely raw, but is nice. It also has the power windows and locks, which aren't essential but nice to have.

Just make sure that you don't offer too much, he might just take it!
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 04:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
I would offer a price that you would be comfortable paying. Maybe $10k and see what they say. It's been posted for a month already, so the guy must have some indication that his price is too high. I like the interior as its not completely raw, but is nice. It also has the power windows and locks, which aren't essential but nice to have.

Just make sure that you don't offer too much, he might just take it!
He's out of town for 2 weeks, I told him the dents were probably worth 8 or 9 hundred, and asked him if he was interested in an offer "around" 11k he said he would contact me when he got back, the power options aew kind of rare in a cargo van, and the interior I could use, and it's probably close to a thousand, we'll see, if I think it checks out, it's probably worth 11k.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVShootingStar View Post
Not that I would want to, I could do the bullet proofing, I just did a cracked head job on one of these, but it was in a truck, everybody would rather have a 7.3, including me, but they're getting hard to find in a cargo van configuration, I only want a minimal build, and could use whats there, with the hope of an Agile conversion down the road, a gasser would be OK, but they're hard to find too, not beat to a pulp, I'm thinking about this one, but in the end I might pass.
Somebody just posted a clean, low mile 7.3l cargo for that same price today.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...sel-23492.html
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote