Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2017, 08:41 AM   #1
Site Team

Assortment of diesel vans

Wasn't inspired enough to copy pics, add them to my album, and then post them here, but here are some interesting possibilities. No affiliation to any of these vans.

'08 E350 RB Quigley passenger van
Cars for Sale: Used 2008 Ford E-350 and Econoline 350 in Super Duty Wagon, Roy UT: 84067 Details - Van - Autotrader

'05 E350 cargo
Cars for Sale: Used 2005 Ford E-350 and Econoline 350 in Super Duty, Hollywood FL: 33023 Details - Van - Autotrader

'08 E350 RB Quigley passenger van
Cars for Sale: Used 2008 Ford E-350 and Econoline 350 in XL Super Duty, Johnstown PA: 15904 Details - Van - Autotrader

'06 E350 conversion van
Cars for Sale: Used 2006 Ford E-350 and Econoline 350 in XLT, Norco CA: 92860 Details - Van - Autotrader

'07 E350 EB Quigley
Cars for Sale: Used 2007 Ford E-350 and Econoline 350 in , Mineral Wells WV: 26150 Details - Van - Autotrader

Old 01-13-2017, 08:57 AM   #2

I was looking at #1 and #4 way back in June/July before I decided to go late model gasser. I'm surprised #1 is still around.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:23 AM   #3

Garage
Those are definitely some nicer vans if you want a diesel.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 02:24 PM   #4

Are the newer Ford diesels subject to the same fuel issues that plague the Sprinter engines?
destructomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 02:51 PM   #5

I don't think so. These were around before the ULSD switch. I know they can handle some Biofuel blends as well.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:10 PM   #6

Thanks. I'm a Toyota guy itching for a van, and a little wary of dipping my toes into Ford waters. Been hanging around here trying to learn a thing or two as I do my research. Turns out it's been really hard to find something that fits the bill even if cost is completely removed from the equation. Thanks to the OP for sharing these.
destructomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by destructomatt View Post
Thanks. I'm a Toyota guy itching for a van, and a little wary of dipping my toes into Ford waters. Been hanging around here trying to learn a thing or two as I do my research. Turns out it's been really hard to find something that fits the bill even if cost is completely removed from the equation. Thanks to the OP for sharing these.
I feel exactly the same way. Currently have a 05 tundra and it's been absolutely awesome, but I needed a compromise for higher towing and camping capability. I, like yourself have spent far too many nights researching. I have a good friend who is a diesel tech at ford tell me, buy a 7.3l power stroke. They were the most reliable Diesel engine ford made, because it was made by international. If you plan on towing, monitor the transmission temps and you should only have to worry about stupid fixes like window switches and door lock mechanisms. Don't buy a 6.0, maintenance will become a burden in the long run.

I'm currently waiting on my 99 7.3 to be delivered from California and 02 7.3 4x4 sportsmobile parts van from Colorado. Good luck!
QuadsBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:50 PM   #8

Eewww...
They are 6.0 diesels.
I'd rather have the 5.4 before and prefer the 6.8 if considering a newer model van.
Too many issues to deal with.
But good effort!
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:06 AM   #9

I have a 7.3. I looked almost a year for a good one. Ironically the first one I called on is the one I should have grabbed.

Unfortunately it isn't the one I grabbed. I hadn't been searching long enough to recognize a fair deal. So instead I got one with "character."

What I learned: forget blue book. Figure 2-3X KBB for a good one. That is if you can snag it before the dreaded...

This posting has been deleted by its author.

Anyway, I had Ultimate Truck Performance in Oxnard replace a brake master cylinder on my van.

The interesting thing is that every mechanic there except one drove a 6.0. The except one was saving to buy his.

I asked why, and they told me the 6.0 is a better motor once it's bullet proofed. Plus it's mated to a better transmission.

I said yeah, but you guys get parts cheap and have a shop to fix them when they break.

They said yeah, but once they're bullet proofed, they don't break.

Long way of saying, I have a 7.3... but I wouldn't say no to a late-model 6.0 anymore.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelheadJones View Post
I have a 7.3. I looked almost a year for a good one. Ironically the first one I called on is the one I should have grabbed.

Unfortunately it isn't the one I grabbed. I hadn't been searching long enough to recognize a fair deal. So instead I got one with "character."

What I learned: forget blue book. Figure 2-3X KBB for a good one. That is if you can snag it before the dreaded...

This posting has been deleted by its author.

Anyway, I had Ultimate Truck Performance in Oxnard replace a brake master cylinder on my van.

The interesting thing is that every mechanic there except one drove a 6.0. The except one was saving to buy his.

I asked why, and they told me the 6.0 is a better motor once it's bullet proofed. Plus it's mated to a better transmission.

I said yeah, but you guys get parts cheap and have a shop to fix them when they break.

They said yeah, but once they're bullet proofed, they don't break.

Long way of saying, I have a 7.3... but I wouldn't say no to a late-model 6.0 anymore.
Without getting into a 7.3 vs. 6.0 debate (many threads on that), your right! I have noticed the same thing, many diesel repair guys have said the same thing. There's no question there is a bad stigma out there on the 6.0, rightfully so in stock form. I have both, but would take the 6.0 over my 7.3 any day. Obviously bulletproof'd ...
gnty is offline   Reply With Quote