Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2015, 11:14 PM   #1

Ford Van / RV center console / beverage holder - $50

Saw this on CL. Looks pretty neat being that it has heated and cooled cup holders. Could be neat if they work well.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/rvs/5009421230.html

Selling a used, very good condition center console for Ford econoline vans and RVs. It has two heated/cooled drink holders and a large storage compartment at the bottom. Back width dimension is 19". Should fit all Ford vans and Ford chassis class C and B RVs.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:39 AM   #2

Re: Ford Van / RV center console / beverage holder - $50

I know some folks really like these, but just to put in my two cents. I had one and removed it. The reason I didn't like it is that the cupholders are quite small. They basically fit a 12 oz. can of pop diameter (and came with special narrow-based "hot cups" for heated drinks). Also, the two openings you can see just behind/outboard of the cupholders are two vents that need to be left unobstructed, so there is very little other storage on top (besides the cupholders themselves).

I'm sure some people find these to be the cat's meow. I bought a "normal" console from eBay (huge storage and cupholders in comparison) and just use insulated flasks of my choosing for hot/cold drinks.

Not to be a downer or squelch a sale, but figured since it was just a CL link I'd relate my experience.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:21 AM   #3

Re: Ford Van / RV center console / beverage holder - $50

I agree Viva. I thought about one too, but passed. I agree that for some this would be awesome. Just FYI, I'm 99% sure this came out of a Chinook. The Concourse models all came with these in the late 90s to early 2000s.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote