Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2017, 09:44 AM   #1

Garage
FS: Second Unicorn of the Day / SLC

My brother lives in SLC and is skimming the local KSL classified listings all the time, we came across this one yesterday. Think that it's been for sale on/off for the last year or more --- appears to be a pretty burly/well-equipped rig.

Under 200k miles on a Quigley SMB 7.3, with a recent/new HD transmission, along with a lot of engine updates/maintenance (new turbo!) and suspension updates.

No affiliation.

------------------------------------------------------

Sportsmobile 4x4 diesel van E350 Ford

https://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/45697052

Sportsmobile 1997 Ford E-350 EB 4x4 Turbo 7.3 Diesel - 185,000 miles - $35,000
Quigley 4x4, front & rear receivers for winch, front & rear winch cables, Warn 9k winch, hood bug defector, Hella driving, KC fog, reverse lights, roof light bar w/ various lights, Yakima wind fairing, front bull-bar with Hi Lift jack, bushwhacker fender flairs, window rain/wind deflectors, aluminum running boards, aluminum rims, privacy window tint, manual Penthouse top, Thule aluminum roof rack w/pick, axe & shovel mounts, roof mount solar panel, rear aluminum ladder, rear Aluminess swing out tire carrier, cruise control, power door locks, power windows, dual front airbags, Kenwood 6” screen stereo/cd/head unit, backup/reverse camera, Code Alarm system, Cobra CB, swivel captains chairs, Cabella seat covers w/ pocket backs, 20 gallon fresh water, sink, microwave, fridge, propane 2 burner stove, 12k BTU propane furnace, 1500 watt power inverter, Solar Commander, Starcool II rear a/c (not working but have all parts), Gaucho bed with extra cushion for full platform bed, dual fuel tanks, under floor storage, full privacy curtains, full bug screens all doors and windows, Fiamma awning, plush carpet, full insulation package, 2 table sizes, shore power cables, aux. propane hoses, K&N air filter, Diesel Tweaks chip, Hypermax controller, 4” exhaust, trans temp, exhaust, boost gauges, full rubber floor mats, dual transmission coolers, all original Owners Manuals, window stickers, build-sheets. Canvas and pop-top windows in excellent condition, all interior windows have curtains, bug screens for all doors and windows, comes with all power cords, plugs, etc. for campgrounds.
New: Heavy duty transmission, factory Ford Garret turbo charger, fuel pump, fuel tank switches and valve, all filters, fluids, injectors, house batteries, Rancho shocks, front 4600lb springs, brakes, rotors, front A/C condenser, dryer and hoses, freshwater pump, propane bottle and lines, full underbody paint and undercoating, windshield, exhaust and muffler, etc.
Sleeps our family of 5 comfortably – Mom and Dad in the Penthouse, 3 kids on the main bed. Seats 6 in seatbelts. Wife wants new van with all forward facing seats for kids as they are starting to get bigger (Dad is thinking maybe new Sprinter 4x4….). Van in Salt Lake City, Utah for showing when not on local desert and mountain adventures. NO TEXTS OR EMAILS. Phone calls only from serious buyers
Rob Weaver – 801-231-0798 cell

------------------------------------------------------

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:51 AM   #2
Site Team

Actually, I prefer the seller's other vehicle for sale.

Toyota Land Cruiser series 78 Diesel
https://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/45700074
Old 09-14-2017, 10:19 AM   #3

With the miles, the older paint scheme and more dated look of that one I think it is priced pretty fairly.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:31 AM   #4

That van in Utah has been for sale for well over a year now.

I haven't seen it personally but I have a feeling it is well used and abused.

That Toyota is awesome though!
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:01 AM   #5

Garage
There's something about its overall appearance that somehow feels.....ambulance.
(Like, a really amazingly-kickass-go-anywhere ambulance, of course....)

I've been trying to figure out what would be the minimum required "cosmetic alterations" that would be required to make it lose the "1990's rescue van" look and start to look more "modern SMB build"....

* ditch the original 1990's conversion-van aluminum running boards
* lose the multi-hued light bar on the roof (switch to a monochromatic modern white LED bar)
* lose those giant, dated-looking spotlights and amber fogs on the bull bar...
* lose the bug deflector on the hood....

* OPTIONAL --- ***black paint - asap - on those wheels...and black paint as well on those bumpers, to better match with the blacked-out lower rocker panel treatment on the body...***

A low-buck "dream makeover" for this van doesn't seem like it would be too difficult.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post

That Toyota is awesome though!
I thought it had sold a while back.. This might be a resale.

But yes, it looks like it was ridden hard and put away wet.

Still could be a good deal for someone though!
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post

Yup. Seems to come and go on KSL.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer View Post
There's something about its overall appearance that somehow feels.....ambulance.
(Like, a really amazingly-kickass-go-anywhere ambulance, of course....)

I've been trying to figure out what would be the minimum required "cosmetic alterations" that would be required to make it lose the "1990's rescue van" look and start to look more "modern SMB build"....

* ditch the original 1990's conversion-van aluminum running boards
* lose the multi-hued light bar on the roof (switch to a monochromatic modern white LED bar)
* lose those giant, dated-looking spotlights and amber fogs on the bull bar...
* lose the bug deflector on the hood....

* OPTIONAL --- ***black paint - asap - on those wheels...and black paint as well on those bumpers, to better match with the blacked-out lower rocker panel treatment on the body...***

A low-buck "dream makeover" for this van doesn't seem like it would be too difficult.
Black is all it needs. Black is beautiful. Trendy but beautiful. I'd say black is the new black.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote