Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #1

Garage
FS: Ultra-basic V10 with PH / $16k

Looks like only one option box got checked at the SMB factory for this one...."penthouse."

Other than that, a nicely-kept low-mile V10 RB with full original factory passenger van interior. (And barn doors!) Would make a great all-around daily driver and platform for a nice transformer buildout.

Listed in the Austin, TX area.

No affiliation.
-------------------------------------------------

2003 Ford E350 Super Duty Sportsmobile Pop Up Camper Van Low Miles! - $15999 (Lago Vista)

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/...352848333.html

I honestly never thought I would be doing this but our family is growing and we have decided to get a larger Super C RV as this van will not be the best fit for us anymore with 2 teenagers, a 6 year old, and our newest surprise little one on the way. Before I go into the details I just want the potential buyer to know that this van has been very well cared for in the time that we have owned it. It has been the most versatile vehicle that I have ever owned. I am a little bit OCD when it comes to this van. We do not eat in it, it has not been smoked in. It rarely even has had drinks in the cup holders unless it is a long trip. We use it primarily to haul our RZR to offroad parks but we have also used it to tow our boat, take 11 people to see the drive through Christmas lights, and to simply travel up and down the highway on trips with. I sold an old original Bronco to buy this van when we did and it has been cared for just like the vehicle it replaced. I am limited to the 24 photos that I can post on here but I have close to 50 more and if anyone would like to see anything specifically please let me know and I would be glad to send them to you.

2003 Ford E-350 XLT Super Duty Sportsmobile Pop Up Camper Van

84,975 Original Miles

V-10 Gasoline Engine

2WD

Rare 11 Passenger Sportsmobile. - All rear seats are removable. If you remove the front two rows of the rear seats and leave the longer one in the rear a full size air mattress fits on the bottom floor perfectly.

Power windows, locks, cruise etc - XLT Model Van

EXTERIOR: - Van is white with the tan pop up. A few imperfections that you will see in the picture I will address. The obvious "key marks" on the drivers side door were put there from someone at a campsite. Im not sure why someone would do such a thing but it happened. I did get a quote from a paint and body shop here locally that said to repaint the door would cost $475.00. This may be higher / lower where you are. I did not want to use "touch paint" even though you could. I wanted to have it repaired the right way. There are a couple small "dents / dings" on the rear corners of the van. Those were put there by the previous owners. Same for the small black "scuff" on the passenger fender. It is roughly 3 inches long. The previous owner put something on the crease of the black molding on the pop up top. It is pictured and makes no sense to me. I removed a section of this as you can see in the next picture which took some time and im kind of confused as to why it is there in the first place. The top has never leaked on us, it shows no signs of ever leaking but this "clear sticky substance" which is only in a couple sections is removable. The canvas of the top is in good condition. It shows no signs of repairs and goes up and down as it should.

INTERIOR: - The interior is as nice as you could ask for in a van of this age. The carpet has a couple small spots on it in places (nothing major) and it has a tiny and I mean penny size tear on the very bottom of the side of the passenger seat. I never even noticed this but one of my kids that was helping me clean the van out spotted it one day. You wont see this unless you are sitting in the first row of the long seats and lean over and look at the bottom of the passenger seat. Sure it has a couple minor "scuffs" on some plastic pieces etc but all in all the interior is very nice in the van.

DRIVETRAIN: Ford V-10 Gas Engine runs as it should. Ive put a new battery and an new alternator on it since we've owned it. The Transmission was just rebuilt with a new front pump and convertor. It has maybe 250 miles on it since this work was completed. The Van sits in the same place in our driveway and I have never noticed any leaks of any kind. I run Mobile 1 oil in it and that is what the previous owner ran. The tires still have plenty of rubber on them and this van needs nothing as far as mechanical repairs to the drivetrain. I would hop in it tomorrow and drive it across county without any hesitation.

OTHER: The van does have airbags on the rear suspension if you wish to tow something heavy. The most it has towed while I have owned it is my 2500 pound race car on an open deck trailer. It handles that with ease. It does have an aftermarket brake controller on it too. Im sure I will think of more things to add to this post and I will do so as I think of them. Ill be more than happy to sit and talk with anyone who is interested in the van if you would like to give me a call. My number is show contact info

If your reading this far then your aware of how rare these Pop Up Sportsmobile van are now. This one took me years to find with the low miles and the condition. It is still a 2003 Van. That being said it will and does have some "imperfections" as ive stated above. It is not new. If you are expecting a "new condition" van then my advice would be to go and spend 5 times this much on a new one. This one is used. It is still in my opinion one of the nicest ones still out there. It is a fantastic all around camper / people mover and I really like the versatility of this one still having the seats in it. I never wanted a Sporstmobile with a kitchen and other things in it that we simply would not use. This is why this one appealed so much to us when we saw it. We take our own outdoor shower, grille, porta pot etc with us when we go camping and I love the fact that we do not need to carry around all that extra weight when those things are not needed. The van has never been driven "offroad" more than on camp roads at ATV parks. It will get in a lot further than larger RVS and allows you to camp alone away from the crowds if you choose.

-------------------------------------------------

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:20 PM   #2
Site Team

Seems like a really good deal if someone wants to start with a passenger van.

herb
Old 10-22-2017, 06:43 PM   #3
MSD

Garage
Why am I not seeing a link to what's for sale ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:08 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
Why am I not seeing a link to what's for sale ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is there, but here you go:
https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/...352848333.html

Ready to Rumble!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:53 PM   #5
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glider View Post
Thanks For some reason it wasn't showing on my phone thru Tapatalk
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold