Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2017, 06:53 AM   #101

tga713...good for you! ...I haven't heard a word.....

2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:13 PM   #102

I hope he keeps his word and corrects the current displeased customers positions then provides a great product. If so I bet more orders will placed possibly mine too.
In other words do a good job lol
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:20 AM   #103
GAR

Hopefully this is NOT the case with Alfredo, but my son was scammed by a guy who would have his customers pay up in full, then use that money to finish a previous customers job.

This guy was never "caught up" and would delay, delay, delay, so as to get more people to enlist his service and get more money to finish previous commitments, pay rent, collection agencies, etc.

My son eventually went and spoke with the BAR (my advice) and an investigation is now underway. He also found out this guy had filed for bankruptcy so he may never recover.

Warning to the wise, NEVER pay in full for a product that is not immediately available for shipping.

Gar
GAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:38 PM   #104

Did Freddy ever surface? I see that this thread died out and Freddy hasn't logged in since March 1, 2017.

His shop is here is San Diego County and I was going to swing by to get some estimates but I wanted to check in and get some feedback.
LandVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:21 PM   #105

Hi Landvan...if you would like another metal fabricator in San Diego try giving Neil a call at Southern Cali Custom Metal Fabricators a call. They did my rear number two years ago and my front bumper and grill a few months ago. He's a good guy
TracyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:23 PM   #106

I forgot to leave the number... I'm a little slow tonight. 619-241-5041
TracyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:51 PM   #107

Bumpers

There is also another Fab shop in EL Cajon called WELDTEC DESIGNS, I think they build bumpers and do some van stuff.... HEHE

Not to make jokes about those of you who may have lost $$ on this but for you guys in San Diego that need bumpers we have some in stock that i will make you a great deal on.

A look at a plate style bumper we build. If you have any questions, give us a call.

Jeremy
WeldTecDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:35 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeldTecDesigns View Post
There is also another Fab shop in EL Cajon called WELDTEC DESIGNS
Never heard of 'em.

Oh, I'll take a "double add a leaf" before Baja in November please
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:11 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeldTecDesigns View Post
There is also another Fab shop in EL Cajon called WELDTEC DESIGNS, I think they build bumpers and do some van stuff.... HEHE

Not to make jokes about those of you who may have lost $$ on this but for you guys in San Diego that need bumpers we have some in stock that i will make you a great deal on.

A look at a plate style bumper we build. If you have any questions, give us a call.

Jeremy
I am looking for a rear bumper for a 1997 E350 with an integrated tire rack.
LandVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:41 PM   #110

Garage
Freddy is still alive but he isn't sticking to his word. I was one of the customers that paid in full on the discounted bumpers that were supposedly being built back in February. He told me in writing they would be ready by March 4th or 5th, then said on March 9th that the rear bumper was ready for sandblasting then paint. He then disappeared for three weeks without responding to a single email or call.

Around the first of April he got back in touch with me and apologized for not hitting his deadline, but he had a funeral and some family issues to take care of. I was fine with that as I know things come up.

I went down to see him at his home based shop at the end of April. There was no rear bumper built. He showed me a few random pieces and swing arms but no rear bumper had been assembled. The front was spot welded together but not finished. I paid for some extra tubular sections on the front that needed finishing and the full welds needed to get done. He told me he would have it done on May 1st and I asked to have a test fit on my van before anything went to paint. Everything seemed fine at this point.

Talked to him a few times the week of May 1st and things weren't done so we agreed to talk on May 8th so I could swing down for the test fit. Left him a message on May 8th, May 9th and May 10th with no response. Tried him again on May 12th and then finally on May 15th I sent him a text and email asking him to just refund my money since I was tired of the run around.

Freddy responds by email finally on May 18th and says he took time off with his family, that he works 7 days a week and won't just refund the money. Him taking time off is his personal business ect ect. If I want a refund he has to sell the bumpers first. You know, these bumbers he cant seem to build. I've got probably 30-40 emails with him at this point and it just keeps getting worse. Since May 18th, I have left him 2 more voicemails and have sent 3 emails with zero response. Basically reminding him of all the previous emails and promises where he said they would be ready.

I will say that he does have a garage full of stuff. He had a bunch of racks put together for the Toyota crowd. He has sent me photos of a few of his bumpers on different vans, but I'm not sure if those are forum members here or not. I just can't believe he can actually run a business this way for very long.

So bottom line, Alfredo owes me $2075. I would still take the bumpers but he's had every chance to get them done over the last 3 months. I know a few of you have contacted me directly and this is the May update on Alfredo and FCIMETALWERKS.COM.
Economan is offline   Reply With Quote