Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2016, 07:41 AM   #1

It's an AWD Mancave for a Mtn Biker

2006 AWD Savannah Van 4x4

I appreciate the use of tool drawers in this rig...

StraightOuttaBallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:20 AM   #2

I seriously considered tool chests in the interior but ending up building a cabinet.

I think it's a great idea, especially the cabinets with "griplatch" type drawers.

Skinny's van build had some toolbox type cabinets IIRC......
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:26 PM   #3

This van is very sweet! I don't think of that as so macho.... good clean design perhaps*. My son scored a Kennedy machinist chest for $100 last week. I was eyeballing it at his house to install in my van but he crushed my daydream like I never did nuthin nice for him?
I covet those Savannahs with the dual barn doors on each side! Saw a few when I started van shopping then they all vanished. (and none had 4x4)

*now that I look again, Ive been coming up with a pull-out table design and that one has a solution! Thanks for posting
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
I covet those Savannahs with the dual barn doors on each side! Saw a few when I started van shopping then they all vanished. (and none had 4x4)
Doors on both sides can be somewhat limiting for building out the interior.....reduced wall space....

It's amazing how much crap flies around in the back of the van when driving...if you are considering tool chests/boxes make sure you have a plan to keep the drawers closed.
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:53 PM   #5

Funny, that's my old van....it's hard to imagine hanging a rear bumper, roof rack and adding tool boxes makes it worth 20 grand more... That's a dollar for every mile he put on it. Hmmm
spurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:00 PM   #6

Heh, I'm also wondering if I shouldn't have moved a bunch of cash into used van commodities a couple years ago. At least I'm not shopping for another used one now. -- Still, money today seems to be more available than 7 years ago, so this probably does reflect the actual market.

I do like the tool chests as an idea, but only if they are grip latch (actually, that does kind of add up). I don't think I could stomach a bed I can't sit up in.

All that said, nice looking rig, even better photographs in that ad.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurious View Post
Funny, that's my old van....it's hard to imagine hanging a rear bumper, roof rack and adding tool boxes makes it worth 20 grand more... That's a dollar for every mile he put on it. Hmmm
Sounds & looks like the current owner is a mid level pro cyclist or wrench... It's that time of the year for them ... halo-effect sales pitch, gear sell off and all... more power to them if they actually sell it for that much...
StraightOuttaBallard is offline   Reply With Quote